"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." —John Wooden

― Artistic Expression CritiqueName That Tune!

Post Reply
User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Name That Tune!

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 pm

This image is a result of Rborud's comment in my earlier topic Looking for guidance.... His suggestion was that I not advertise the effect, rather to let folks discover on their own. Ooops :)

This is a prototype for possible future endeavors. The first person who successfully identifies the song, based on the seven "notes" shown below, wins a year's supply of links to my future topics!
Attachments
1 P1040737-2 song.jpg
1 P1040737-2 song.jpg (580.68 KiB) Viewed 285 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:20 pm

No music back ground but an engaging image Linda....

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 pm

LindaShorey wrote:This image is a result of Rborud's comment in my earlier topic Looking for guidance.... His suggestion was that I not advertise the effect, rather to let folks discover on their own. Ooops :)

This is a prototype for possible future endeavors. The first person who successfully identifies the song, based on the seven "notes" shown below, wins a year's supply of links to my future topics!


Love it. This is a great series.

My guess with my near-zero knowledge of music notes: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:41 am

Psjunkie wrote:No music back ground but an engaging image Linda....
Thanks Frank!

minniev wrote:Love it. This is a great series.

My guess with my near-zero knowledge of music notes: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...


You win the big prize, Minnie :thumbup: :thumbup:
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm curious what the birds are after, I assume this is after the harvest and they're looking for bugs. Are these Starlings? Do you ever see them in formation? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm

St3v3M wrote:I'm curious what the birds are after, I assume this is after the harvest and they're looking for bugs. Are these Starlings? Do you ever see them in formation? S-


I was surprised to discover last winter that they are redwing blackbirds! I would have guessed starlings as well. I always equated RWBB as a forward scout of spring, like robins - except robins often winter over now too.

A quick Google search says, "In winter, grain is an important source of food, and many birds feed on corn stubble and at feedlots." So I suspect they are in the hops fields for the harvest leftovers, just as they were in the cornfields when I photo'd last year. With the amount of agriculture around Yakima Valley, they'll probably continue to be plentiful.

Last February:
Attachments
t1-554007-1_p1000491.jpg
t1-554007-1_p1000491.jpg (74.18 KiB) Viewed 246 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:27 pm

LindaShorey wrote:I was surprised to discover last winter that they are redwing blackbirds! I would have guessed starlings as well. I always equated RWBB as a forward scout of spring, like robins - except robins often winter over now too.

A quick Google search says, "In winter, grain is an important source of food, and many birds feed on corn stubble and at feedlots." So I suspect they are in the hops fields for the harvest leftovers, just as they were in the cornfields when I photo'd last year. With the amount of agriculture around Yakima Valley, they'll probably continue to be plentiful.

Last February:

That's a beautiful photo on its own but even more so now that I know more about your birds, thank you for that! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests