"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

― Artistic Expression CritiquePrairie Sentinals

Non standard photographic editing; collages, manipulations, assemblages, applied textures, double exposures
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Prairie Sentinals

Postby Matt Quinn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:47 pm

RBorud wrote:Thank you Matt for your enthusiastic and wonderful comments. alas I do not have a website, the need for one has never occurred to me.

One of the responses referred to being a fan of your work. Where can I see it? Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

RBorud
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby RBorud » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:12 am

matt
As I said before I do not have a website, I have over the years as a member Ugly Hedge Hog submitted many images. You probably would have to join to have access the ones submitted at that site. As I understand past submissions are all archived. Thanks RBorud

minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby minniev » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 am

RBorud wrote:matt
As I said before I do not have a website, I have over the years as a member Ugly Hedge Hog submitted many images. You probably would have to join to have access the ones submitted at that site. As I understand past submissions are all archived. Thanks RBorud

We look forward to seeing more of your work here, as well. Thank you for sharing this one, but as you can see, it only whetted our appetites for more...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Matt Quinn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:02 am

minniev wrote:

We look forward to seeing more of your work here, as well. Thank you for sharing this one, but as you can see, it only whetted our appetites for more...

I second Minnie's comment. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:12 am

RBorud's UHH Prairie Sentinals
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 am

RBorud wrote:Hi All I have been asked to enter an image of a project I did awhile back ...

I love this and hope you might tell us more about your process and consider doing a tutorial with us to explain something about this.

More please! S-

RBorud
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Postby RBorud » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:59 pm

St3v3M wrote:
RBorud wrote:Hi All I have been asked to enter an image of a project I did awhile back ...

I love this and hope you might tell us more about your process and consider doing a tutorial with us to explain something about this.

More please! S-

Hi St3v3m Thanks for your comments. as to the process, that is hard as they all were not done the same way. Each was done based on what I felt I was going to do with it. I usually worked in a couple layers ( they varied from 2-6 ) and added backgrounds that came from everywhere. Many I purpose shot or had collected over the years I actually have hundreds. obtained many commercial ones as well. I would place them and use erasure brushes to remove the parts of these layers that were not pertinent to the image. To the individual layers add or subtract various things like color, intensity, contrast. texture etc.. Many had various kinds of vignettes I used.
I would close each session in PSP files as they are lossless and put away until the next session. No not PSD but PSP files.
I hope this gives you some help, and as gift for asking and for Thanksgiving I wll include another one. Thanks RBorud
Attachments
012_stitch_pe.jpg

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 pm

RBorud wrote:...
I hope this gives you some help, and as gift for asking and for Thanksgiving I wll include another one. Thanks RBorud

I haven't done any compositions yet, but feel like I understand the process now and love how simple it seems. Thank you so much! S-

RBorud
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Postby RBorud » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am

S- I am glad you feel some direction on this, I think we spend too much time and effort on chasing the next nirvana and looking for the perfect button to make us the perfect artist, guess what, I am not sure it exists. I find it more productive to thoroughly learn what we have or at least stay with one thing long enough to get off the constant uphill learning curve that can sometimes leave us frustrated. Good Luck Thanks RBorud

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:48 am

RBorud wrote:S- I am glad you feel some direction on this, I think we spend too much time and effort on chasing the next nirvana and looking for the perfect button to make us the perfect artist, guess what, I am not sure it exists. I find it more productive to thoroughly learn what we have or at least stay with one thing long enough to get off the constant uphill learning curve that can sometimes leave us frustrated. Good Luck Thanks RBorud

Well said! S-

Return to “― Artistic Expression Critique”