"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

― Artistic Expression CritiquePsychofly

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Psychofly

Post by St3v3M » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:27 am

While working with The Flutterby I thought What If? S-
Attachments
IMG_9099-1h.jpg
IMG_9099-1h.jpg (680.69 KiB) Viewed 648 times
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3912
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:53 pm

A neon butterfly! It's a very cool interpretation, almost looks like it's made of stained glass.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:54 pm

minniev wrote:A neon butterfly! It's a very cool interpretation, almost looks like it's made of stained glass.

That would be pretty, thank you! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 pm

St3v3M wrote:While working with The Flutterby I thought What If? S-

I'm surprised you didn't post this with the original.

Now, test your Photoshop skills and combine the two into a single image. :clap:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Duck wrote:I'm surprised you didn't post this with the original.

Now, test your Photoshop skills and combine the two into a single image. :clap:

I No Photoshop... but you're more than welcome to! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 am

St3v3M wrote:I No Photoshop... but you're more than welcome to! S-

No, no... the purpose for me calling you out like that is to push you out of your comfort zone. :spank:

Gimp it into shape then. ;)
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:24 am

Duck wrote:No, no... the purpose for me calling you out like that is to push you out of your comfort zone. :spank:

Gimp it into shape then. ;)

It may take me awhile to learn how to do this so I've added a composite for now.

And thanks for the push! It's great to have friends that keep you accountable! S-
Attachments
Composite.JPG
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:37 am

Okay, Photoshop layers 101 :)

Take your 'normal butterfly' image and open it in PS. If the reworked image is the same size open that and click and drag it onto the original image's tab and it'll paste a copy (or select both files and tell PS to open as stack).

With the polarized butterfly on top add a layer mask and select the brush tool with black as the color. Paint the solarized butterfly out, being careful around the edges. Resize the brush as needed. Once the original butterfly is completely visible press CTRL/CMD + I to invert the mask. Compress and export and you're done. That simple.

Here's what it'll look like.
Jeweled-Flutterby.jpg
Jeweled-Flutterby.jpg (279.91 KiB) Viewed 612 times


The possibilities are endless...
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:00 am

Duck wrote:Okay, Photoshop layers 101 :)

Take your 'normal butterfly' image and open it in PS. If the reworked image is the same size open that and click and drag it onto the original image's tab and it'll paste a copy (or select both files and tell PS to open as stack).

With the polarized butterfly on top add a layer mask and select the brush tool with black as the color. Paint the solarized butterfly out, being careful around the edges. Resize the brush as needed. Once the original butterfly is completely visible press CTRL/CMD + I to invert the mask. Compress and export and you're done. That simple.

The possibilities are endless...

Something like these? S-
Attachments
IMG_9099-1 L.jpg
IMG_9099-1hL.jpg
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 pm

St3v3M wrote:[Something like these? S-

Perfect!
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests