― Artistic Expression CritiqueDam Bird Fantasy

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Dam Bird Fantasy

Post by minniev » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:34 pm

St3v3M wrote:"And a one and a two, a one and a two... No, no, no, walk like this, I'll show you!"

I love this and wonder if you'll include it in your exhibition? The light and dark, one foot up, one foot down, and that perfect ballet! S-

I ended up making it into my invitation to the exhibit opening. It will not be one of the large prints, but an 8x10 on metal that will sit freestanding on the exhibit table where my business cards and the exhibit brochures will be.
Attachments
invitation jpeg copy.jpeg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:44 am

minniev wrote:
St3v3M wrote:"And a one and a two, a one and a two... No, no, no, walk like this, I'll show you!"

I love this and wonder if you'll include it in your exhibition? The light and dark, one foot up, one foot down, and that perfect ballet! S-

I ended up making it into my invitation to the exhibit opening. It will not be one of the large prints, but an 8x10 on metal that will sit freestanding on the exhibit table where my business cards and the exhibit brochures will be.

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful! You know we'll all be with you on the 1st! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:31 pm

September 1st is right around the corner. How are you feeling? Probably excited and nervous at the same time. I know I would be.
Are you looking to publish a gallery catalog by any chance? I'd love to purchase one if you are.

Best of luck and we look forward to hearing your feedback regarding this experience.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:51 pm

St3v3M wrote:
minniev wrote:

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful! You know we'll all be with you on the 1st! S-

And ya'll will be my courage!

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Duck wrote:September 1st is right around the corner. How are you feeling? Probably excited and nervous at the same time. I know I would be.
Are you looking to publish a gallery catalog by any chance? I'd love to purchase one if you are.

Best of luck and we look forward to hearing your feedback regarding this experience.

To be totally honest, I don't even know what a gallery catalog is! :oops: Sad, huh?

I am excited, terrified and frustrated. With the senior exhibit coordinator out on medical leave, I am in the hands of other specialty coordinators who know less than I do about art shows. It has taken two weeks to generate two posters for reasons that would make you laugh. But the walls are up, the images are delivered and ready to hang, the brochures and business cards are here, media has been notified - and the remnants of the hurricane are due to arrive here about the same time as the event Friday!

The next day I leave for Scotland.

I appreciate all the support and advice I've got here, and from other online friends, without ya'll this wouldn't have happened.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 am

minniev wrote:To be totally honest, I don't even know what a gallery catalog is! :oops: Sad, huh?

Sorry, I meant to say exhibition catalogue. It is basically a small paper bound book containing a short essay about the collection, an artist's statement and a small printed version of the images on display. Some may even have additional images not in the gallery showing that are also available for sale. It's another way of marketing your prints for sale. That way when a potential buyer leaves, perhaps undecided, they can peruse the catalogue at their leisure and make a purchase later through the gallery rep.

How long are you showing your images?

On another note; Scotland, eh? Cutting it rather quickly there aren't you? I was in Ireland a few years back and would have loved the chance to visit Scotland. Take lots of photos and share them with us so we can live vicariously through them. :love:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:12 am

Another voice of encouragement from chilly Cape Cod. Break a leg, or something like that. Don't know what one says to a world-famous photographer before the show. You certainly don't want to break a lens. Will the brochures be available?

After the exhibit and Harvey, Scotland seem like the best place to land. Lift a few drams for me. Sample and savor your way through the gloaming. Safe and happy travels. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:52 am

Duck wrote:
minniev wrote:To be totally honest, I don't even know what a gallery catalog is! :oops: Sad, huh?

Sorry, I meant to say exhibition catalogue. It is basically a small paper bound book containing a short essay about the collection, an artist's statement and a small printed version of the images on display. Some may even have additional images not in the gallery showing that are also available for sale. It's another way of marketing your prints for sale. That way when a potential buyer leaves, perhaps undecided, they can peruse the catalogue at their leisure and make a purchase later through the gallery rep.

How long are you showing your images?

On another note; Scotland, eh? Cutting it rather quickly there aren't you? I was in Ireland a few years back and would have loved the chance to visit Scotland. Take lots of photos and share them with us so we can live vicariously through them. :love:

Well I could say "Oh, so that's what you meant!" but I wouldn't have known what that was either. It sounds like a really good idea. The exhibit will be up, I think, till Thanksgiving.

Yeah, I'm cutting it real close. I had the Scotland trip booked and paid for before I got the LULA award, so nothing could have been further from my mind than an exhibit. But when it turned out that this was the only exhibit date slot open till next summer, I accepted it in spite of the problems I knew might arise. I'm excited to see Scotland, and also to meet Graham, whom ya'll know from pM, and see some of the sights he's shared with us here.

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:55 am

Matt Quinn wrote:Another voice of encouragement from chilly Cape Cod. Break a leg, or something like that. Don't know what one says to a world-famous photographer before the show. You certainly don't want to break a lens. Will the brochures be available?

After the exhibit and Harvey, Scotland seem like the best place to land. Lift a few drams for me. Sample and savor your way through the gloaming. Safe and happy travels. Matt

Thanks, Matt. No brochures, I didn't even know what Duck was talking about (dumb me). Will have a one page handout that has a print on the front, and a short version of "the story" on the back.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 am

minniev wrote:... Will have a one page handout that has a print on the front, and a short version of "the story" on the back.

It would be wonderful to have a copy so we can say we knew you before you were famous! And let us know how to pay you of course!

All the best, and know we're with you! We're as excited for you as you are nervous, and we all know how it will turn out - Amazing!

Remember why you're doing this and don't forget to breathe. It isn't every day someone gets a gallery show! We're so proud of you! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"