Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
Waiting On An Update - The Reply Error Message Is An Annoyance, But The Site Still Works

― Artistic Expression Showcasethe witch is near

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: the witch is near

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:17 am
You got green doves????
LOL - I bet she meant above instead of dove, but I am not sure!!!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am

Hunted doves most of my life and never saw a green one but unbeknownst to me, guess what comes up 1st thing when you google images "dove".....jokes on me!!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.01.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.01.39 PM.png (289.44 KiB) Viewed 37 times

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am
Hunted doves most of my life and never saw a green one but unbeknownst to me, guess what comes up 1st thing when you google images "dove".....jokes on me!!
wow - and it is our color palette too!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:52 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:14 am
minniev wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:43 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:21 pm

hey, some good ideas - plus good to know that the wings are ok..
As long as you stick with the colors in the same tonal range (subdued with a hint of dove in all of them) you should be able to use reds or blues or yellows, or all three. She’s coming along nicely.
thanks Min, got stuck on another project tonight, so no progress.. what do you mean by "hint of Dove"? (just adding in greens? from background or other colors that dominate?)
Doves where I am are grayish tan. Never seen a green one! https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dove_grey
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:49 am

trying to see if snakes/antlers/dress is working, likely won't know till skin goes in. I like the contrast between the snakes and the antlers and the dress needs more work - base color only present.. Probably need to get enough skin in to know - share your thoughts please, they help greatly, I respect you alls Southern point of view very much.

thought we lost PM for a moment, it all went away and just SQL errors trying to get to site. Button pushing is going on, or our error message is getting worse.
witch6.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:20 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:49 am
trying to see if snakes/antlers/dress is working, likely won't know till skin goes in. I like the contrast between the snakes and the antlers and the dress needs more work - base color only present.. Probably need to get enough skin in to know - share your thoughts please, they help greatly, I respect you alls Southern point of view very much.

thought we lost PM for a moment, it all went away and just SQL errors trying to get to site. Button pushing is going on, or our error message is getting worse.

witch6.jpg
Well, I can get to it and MissWitch is looking grand!

Not sure what will happen when I hit the submit button tho...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 am

Shows what I know...didn't think the red would work but it looks great..snakes from a shade of the background is fabulous....Looking good with or without skin but I understand needing some to see how it all flows together.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:44 am

thank you very much Frank and Minnie for your votes of confidence. I think the image will Unify - but was worried that I had "one Color TOO MANY". We will stick with the plan and will keep going.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:54 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 am
need some thoughts -- the witch. Her skin will be normal flesh - her antlers with the writhing snakes will be yellowish - her wings are blue greenish (can I get away with that?)

But my main problem/question is her clothes - do I go for a red? (or is that too many colors). It could be a unifying yellow gold for instance, similar to the bearded guy's cloak - what do you guys think? witch5.jpg

Red sounds good, but possibly some green somewhere. Your choice will probably be the correct one. Even though she may have an evil appearance, a sexy one would be favorable as well. Following and looking forward to the final results.
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:03 pm

davechinn wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:54 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 am
need some thoughts -- the witch. Her skin will be normal flesh - her antlers with the writhing snakes will be yellowish - her wings are blue greenish (can I get away with that?)

But my main problem/question is her clothes - do I go for a red? (or is that too many colors). It could be a unifying yellow gold for instance, similar to the bearded guy's cloak - what do you guys think? witch5.jpg

Red sounds good, but possibly some green somewhere. Your choice will probably be the correct one. Even though she may have an evil appearance, a sexy one would be favorable as well. Following and looking forward to the final results.
Hi Dave, I think you missed the last image where I have a protoype - but I like the idea of throwing more green on top of it - it will unify it more.