Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Artistic Expression Showcasethe witch is near

Non standard photographic editing; collages, manipulations, assemblages, applied textures, double exposures
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: the witch is near

Post by minniev »

This is looking just beautiful Piet. The depth and richness of the color and the shading are perfectly on point, to my thinking.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

thanks Dave and Minnie, I am looking forward to the witch and hope it keeps going well - if the witch works, I will have a blast doing the normal "make it look cool" stuff and perhaps adding fog and or fore ground elements.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Sometime it might be interesting if you'd post a screenshot showing the layers. If there's too many, maybe the layers for one of the characters??

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 pm
Sometime it might be interesting if you'd post a screenshot showing the layers. If there's too many, maybe the layers for one of the characters??
sure Min, the main groups are "soldier right", "Bearded soldier group", "witch", and the background.
The top layer is the background set to multiply - it is of low opacity.

In the bearded soldier group, so far we have groups shield, belts, cloak, and face. I put the mask on the folder (group). And each little group typically has a levels adjustment, a painting/drawing screen that I paint on to blend colors and such and remove blemishes, and a colors layers that is set to colors mode. And the grey scale figure (3 of them) are at the bottom of each folder. For example, the figure layer "soldier bearded" is at the bottom of the bearded soldier group.
screen.jpg

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

need some thoughts -- the witch. Her skin will be normal flesh - her antlers with the writhing snakes will be yellowish - her wings are blue greenish (can I get away with that?)

But my main problem/question is her clothes - do I go for a red? (or is that too many colors). It could be a unifying yellow gold for instance, similar to the bearded guy's cloak - what do you guys think?
witch5.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Yes to get away with that....not sure about red...I'm totally unsure...some complementary shade from the blue which would be similar to what you've already painted on the guys so don't know if that would be good....I'm a lot of help..maybe a lighter blue, did they have that color back then??? maybe one of the lighter shades of yellow from the background...

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:42 am
Yes to get away with that....not sure about red...I'm totally unsure...some complementary shade from the blue which would be similar to what you've already painted on the guys so don't know if that would be good....I'm a lot of help..maybe a lighter blue, did they have that color back then??? maybe one of the lighter shades of yellow from the background...
hey, some good ideas - plus good to know that the wings are ok..

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:21 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
As long as you stick with the colors in the same tonal range (subdued with a hint of dove in all of them) you should be able to use reds or blues or yellows, or all three. She’s coming along nicely.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:43 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:21 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
As long as you stick with the colors in the same tonal range (subdued with a hint of dove in all of them) you should be able to use reds or blues or yellows, or all three. She’s coming along nicely.
thanks Min, got stuck on another project tonight, so no progress.. what do you mean by "hint of Dove"? (just adding in greens? from background or other colors that dominate?)

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

You got green doves????