Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Artistic Expression Showcasethe witch is near

Non standard photographic editing; collages, manipulations, assemblages, applied textures, double exposures
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: the witch is near

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:43 am

Yes, she has landed !!! Absolutely wonderful work Piet. She is so unattractively sexy. 8):
[/quote]

LOL - I told her what you said - she scowled, but there might have been a twinkle in her eyes - and a swagger to her walk.
[/quote]

What a great description of Miss Witchy!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:21 am
I am tickled pink (whatever that old saying means)...I can tell you're a bit inspired because you can now do what your mind wants to do without much struggle....I'll be watching
What's the meaning of the phrase 'Tickled pink'?
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M »

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:46 pm
thanks Min, I wish I better understood rich, muted, and garish. The colors are bold, and yet somehow muted.. I do not disagree with this, I just wish that I understood better why this is so...
Do these help? S-
The Ultimate Guide to Understanding Hue, Tint, Tone and ShadeThe Ultimate Guide to Understanding Hue, Tint, Tone and Shade
Understanding The Color Wheel

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M »

It took me a page to see it then a page to understand - I always thought you were hand painting these - Holy Guacamole! S-

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

St3v3M wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 am
It took me a page to see it then a page to understand - I always thought you were hand painting these - Holy Guacamole! S-
thank you for those links -

I've kind of figured out that muted typically means non prime colors with a lot of dark - and somehow, because of the colors chosen and the darkness present, you can get away with greater saturation without going over the edge as you would with a brighter image that has pure reds or yellows or whatever the prime colors are.

"hand painting" I'm interpreting that to mean actually painting the modes with real paint (not a painting, but a painted model) - Ha!, thanks, I wish! Plus obviously not traditional media, just plain old cheating photoshop.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M »

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:25 am

I've kind of figured out that muted typically means non prime colors with a lot of dark - and somehow, because of the colors chosen and the darkness present, you can get away with greater saturation without going over the edge as you would with a brighter image that has pure reds or yellows or whatever the prime colors are.

"hand painting" I'm interpreting that to mean actually painting the modes with real paint (not a painting, but a painted model) - Ha!, thanks, I wish! Plus obviously not traditional media, just plain old cheating photoshop.
I'm honored to see your work, especially to see it in steps. Thank you again! S-

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

St3v3M wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:41 am
Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:21 am
I am tickled pink (whatever that old saying means)...I can tell you're a bit inspired because you can now do what your mind wants to do without much struggle....I'll be watching
What's the meaning of the phrase 'Tickled pink'?
Have you lost your google abilities??? (https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... klOQgEGh9g)

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M »

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:21 am
Have you lost your google abilities??? (https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... klOQgEGh9g)
Well done! S-

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:25 am
St3v3M wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:57 am

And you make Photoshop do things I cannot make it do, at least not yet...I enjoy seeing your work advance, and how you address the challenges you encounter. I've only occasionally managed a painting effort that was halfway acceptable to me. More work needed.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »