Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

― Artistic Expression Showcaselive by the sword

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

live by the sword

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:28 am

and things don't always end up the way that you like..
liveByTheSwordS.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Truly wonderful Piet. I some knew that your tiny figures would find their way back into the bird photos, and this is masterful. The advancing blue army has its own story, but the steadfast guardian of The Tree is capable of piercing their armor with one well directed jab. The color toning is great. Keep explaining what you learn and some of us may one day have a teaspoonful of your ability.

So when did you say the gallery show is opening?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:40 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 pm
Truly wonderful Piet. I some knew that your tiny figures would find their way back into the bird photos, and this is masterful. The advancing blue army has its own story, but the steadfast guardian of The Tree is capable of piercing their armor with one well directed jab. The color toning is great. Keep explaining what you learn and some of us may one day have a teaspoonful of your ability.

might be too blue, but it helped very much integrating the figures with the bird and branch. I started with the bird image and looked at the lighting and wondered if I could have little soldiers advancing on the path and then took a shot of them with as similar lighting as I could manage. Texture and color helped unify things. Fiddled a lot rotating the figures to get them looking right. Gallery thing is very unlikely, I am sure it is too much work!! I have my hawk printed on metal and it looks great, if I had some more birds printed and on the wall, then someday I could potentially hang a few of them up on a wall at a public place, but really think that it just isn't worth the effort.. There is a museum building on the Eastern Shore where some local artist sell their work and they have some bird images on display that I could approach with some of my work, but getting prints would have to happen and really don't think that there is enough profit in such an effort to bother..

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:10 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:40 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 pm

might be too blue, but it helped very much integrating the figures with the bird and branch. I started with the bird image and looked at the lighting and wondered if I could have little soldiers advancing on the path and then took a shot of them with as similar lighting as I could manage. Texture and color helped unify things. Fiddled a lot rotating the figures to get them looking right. Gallery thing is very unlikely, I am sure it is too much work!! I have my hawk printed on metal and it looks great, if I had some more birds printed and on the wall, then someday I could potentially hang a few of them up on a wall at a public place, but really think that it just isn't worth the effort.. There is a museum building on the Eastern Shore where some local artist sell their work and they have some bird images on display that I could approach with some of my work, but getting prints would have to happen and really don't think that there is enough profit in such an effort to bother..
It would be for the pleasure of sharing them rather than to get rich, I would suspect. That's what mine was. But joyful it was to be there on occasion when people I never saw before were viewing and commenting on them. I made a few sales but that small pittance just ran through my fingers without notice. The actual preparation cost depends on what you do: will you print them yourself or hire it out, will you frame them, will you cut your own matts, how many will you display, will you sell them off the wall or just take orders to fill. A small display would be affordable, and the more you do yourself the more affordable it becomes, though I found that hiring out the matts to someone who does it mechanically was not at all expensive and was worth it. It did take some time to prepare for printing since I hadn't sent images out for print before. The most time consuming was all the prep at the museum, partly because their art director was on medical leave and I was dealing with a very ditzy underling of his and the fish tank curator who was smart but knew nothing about art exhibits. The later shows were a piece of cake after I'd been through it once.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:27 am

Well blended....

rmalarz
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by rmalarz » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:38 am

Piet, a wonderful bit of fantasy. Very well done.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.
Lifetime member Royal Photographic Society

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:00 am

thank you Frank and Bob - Bob! Fantasy?? I swear I saw it happening, and I got to tell you, it was not a pretty sight.