Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

― Artistic Expression ShowcaseSmall World - Assignment I Did Like

Post Reply
User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Small World - Assignment I Did Like

Post by minniev » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:08 pm

For the final challenge we were to construct a "tiny world" in an unexpected place and populate it. We could use 3 sets of materials (still not my favorites as there is an urban theme heavy on purples), but we could use our own photos as much as we liked, just no other artsy stuff. I used this photo of a hot dog stand in New Orleans that many of you have seen, but I cut out a cupboard in it, stuck in the artsy urban stuff, fooled with the colors to get them to align with the image, stuck in: a dam bird, a New Orleans bartender out for a smoke break, and a giraffe from Disney World Animal Kingdom. Then I shot a photo of my photography cabinet with the door open and shaped it to fit. I do not have the skills to get a 3D effect of making the cabinet deeper within the hot dog stand but would enjoy hearing from anyone who has ideas, or wants to take a go at it.

This has been good practice for me to think creatively about how to use materials I would not have chosen on my own, and make them more my own.
Attachments
hot-dog.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Good for you minniev....try Dave's sports frames and I think some WWII shots that were framed at an angle...

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1964
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:09 pm

I love your red and yellow color play in this. It is an awesome image.

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm

Wondrous Minnie. Very well done. Love the tiny world in your cabinet; cozy, crowded, inviting, cheerful, musical.

No radiation today and maybe not tomorrow. Machine down. So I can keep a few more of the brain cells, both good and bad, for another few days. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:04 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm
Wondrous Minnie. Very well done. Love the tiny world in your cabinet; cozy, crowded, inviting, cheerful, musical.

No radiation today and maybe not tomorrow. Machine down. So I can keep a few more of the brain cells, both good and bad, for another few days. Matt
Thanks. You are in my thoughts every day, as you do battle.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:44 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:04 am
Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm
Wondrous Minnie. Very well done. Love the tiny world in your cabinet; cozy, crowded, inviting, cheerful, musical.

No radiation today and maybe not tomorrow. Machine down. So I can keep a few more of the brain cells, both good and bad, for another few days. Matt
Thanks. You are in my thoughts every day, as you do battle.
Thanks Minnie. Have matted Biscuit Dance and am waiting for frame. Will shoot you a view when it's up. We're going to hang it inside the house opposite the door from the garage so it is the first thing we see as we come in. Means a great deal to both of us. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5249
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:38 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:44 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:04 am
Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm
Wondrous Minnie. Very well done. Love the tiny world in your cabinet; cozy, crowded, inviting, cheerful, musical.

No radiation today and maybe not tomorrow. Machine down. So I can keep a few more of the brain cells, both good and bad, for another few days. Matt
Thanks. You are in my thoughts every day, as you do battle.
Thanks Minnie. Have matted Biscuit Dance and am waiting for frame. Will shoot you a view when it's up. We're going to hang it inside the house opposite the door from the garage so it is the first thing we see as we come in. Means a great deal to both of us. Matt
And it means a lot to know you guys have it and enjoy it!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest