Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Shield Maiden

Post by minniev » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:50 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:05 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:18 am
s'what they all say after they've been into the hooch...then dragging the wife in for distraction...shame, shame......your talent is shinning through sir...well done, I see no blending issues at all
Ha! No hooch place for this pooch. That's the short road to a lonely corner in New Orleans at the wrong end of a camera!
Your new character is a perfect subject for my New Orleans Ladies series. I see her more in the fortune tellers group than the pole dancers though. NOLA meets the Star Wars Bar.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:30 am

minniev wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:50 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:05 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:18 am
s'what they all say after they've been into the hooch...then dragging the wife in for distraction...shame, shame......your talent is shinning through sir...well done, I see no blending issues at all
Ha! No hooch place for this pooch. That's the short road to a lonely corner in New Orleans at the wrong end of a camera!
Your new character is a perfect subject for my New Orleans Ladies series. I see her more in the fortune tellers group than the pole dancers though. NOLA meets the Star Wars Bar.
She is all pumped up, but I think I am going to go for simple next. I have an idea, I want to see if I can execute it (probably not), but I am going to give it a shot.

Today I was outside watching the birds and taking lots of shot of nuthatches pretty close. But then I saw an acorn on the ground. My next project will be to see if I can make a single acorn look really, really cool. I am hopeful, but not confident - we will see.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:35 am

I tried that once with a sweetgum ball and failed miserably. I think you will succeed because your methods will work with this!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:10 am

We will see - it will be a study in rendering, an attempt to use rendering (drawing) techniques to fix problems with the image and to follow principles that reinforce how the brain sees and understands form. That is, value changes. Thanks by the way for putting shield maiden in the fortune teller's group. LOL.