Re: Benedict meets Nammu Nag

Post by minniev » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:59 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:24 pm
minniev wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:00 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm
we will start with a snake, but I'm sure he has a love interest in the future also..

BenediktNammuNag.jpg
I love the snake though I’m not sure exactly what is happening with the back end of him. The head, where Benedikt is paying close attention, is very cool. Benedikt is looking better every time you show him to us. I like the scratchy texture too, and those rich colors.
tried to make it look like it was hanging, but may need to unwind it and let it come from the ground - from the right side and wind around... nammuNag.jpg
If you need a shot of a 14 foot chicken snake hanging on the chain of a porch swing, let me know. I also have a two headed snake. He's shot through plexiglass since he lives at the science museum but still.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:40 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:59 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
minniev wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:00 am

I love the snake though I’m not sure exactly what is happening with the back end of him. The head, where Benedikt is paying close attention, is very cool. Benedikt is looking better every time you show him to us. I like the scratchy texture too, and those rich colors.
tried to make it look like it was hanging, but may need to unwind it and let it come from the ground - from the right side and wind around... nammuNag.jpg
If you need a shot of a 14 foot chicken snake hanging on the chain of a porch swing, let me know. I also have a two headed snake. He's shot through plexiglass since he lives at the science museum but still.
I saw that chicken snake, I had no idea that thing is 14 feet long - no, you are pulling my leg. Please post that two headed snake, that might be very cool, particularly if he is facing us.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:53 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:52 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:30 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm
we will start with a snake, but I'm sure he has a love interest in the future also..

BenediktNammuNag.jpg
That's one HUGE snake and one brave knight, but he does have protective armor, except for his eyeballs. A dark world, Piet, filled with danger and challenge. Great metaphor. Matt
Hi Matt, Thanks - we live in the same dark world Matt, but because it is so mundane we often don't see the dangers or the challenges. But the Knight and the Snake is somehow romantic (or something).. It is a cool thing about fantasy, that somehow doesn't share the mundane aspect of it all.
Piet, Yes. I suspect, though, that you deliberately chose the name "Benedict." Its root meaning is blessed, fortunate, lucky. I have no idea what NammuNag might mean. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:00 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:40 pm
minniev wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:

I saw that chicken snake, I had no idea that thing is 14 feet long - no, you are pulling my leg. Please post that two headed snake, that might be very cool, particularly if he is facing us.
Attachments
sn (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:18 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:00 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:40 pm
minniev wrote:

ug... I have to think how to use him, but looking at it, looks like doubling heads on a snake would not be that difficult (from multiple shots. I am thinking I need one that is upright (pulled himself up), you know what I mean and facing us... I see many more snake images in my future. Poor Frank's monitor is going to be riddled with shotgun shell fragments..

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:53 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:52 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:30 pm

That's one HUGE snake and one brave knight, but he does have protective armor, except for his eyeballs. A dark world, Piet, filled with danger and challenge. Great metaphor. Matt
Hi Matt, Thanks - we live in the same dark world Matt, but because it is so mundane we often don't see the dangers or the challenges. But the Knight and the Snake is somehow romantic (or something).. It is a cool thing about fantasy, that somehow doesn't share the mundane aspect of it all.
Piet, Yes. I suspect, though, that you deliberately chose the name "Benedict." Its root meaning is blessed, fortunate, lucky. I have no idea what NammuNag might mean. Matt
Accident... The metal figure is actually called "Benedikt - the evil knight" Shoot, I typoed it in the title! As for NammuNag, I just did a good search on mythology, snake, and name and I put that name together becuase it sounds scary!! LOL No intended meaning, any meaning all accident.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 pm

pop511 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:26 pm
Never studied Ophiology.
What sort of snake is it?
Hi Ed, it is just a common Rat snake, or Black snake. Very docile but you won't find me playing with it... Eats rodents and baby bunnies and baby birds (good climber)

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:29 pm

I need to ignore this snake thread or I'll have nightmares.......Benedikt or no Benedikt

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:49 pm

Ha! That would be like driving past a traffic accident.. Sometimes you just can't stand it and Have to look. We need to get Ed to post some of his snake pictures, I bet they are deadly down there!!! Not at all like our tame little creepers that we have.

pop511
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Post by pop511 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:37 am

Funny enough I did pic an "Eastern brown ( not sure?) " sunning itself on the road in the middle of nowhere.
Snake was gray as was the road, so not much colour there!
Used a 400mm lens. Snakes will usually run from you, but others will attack. So be safe, or you'll only have 10 mins to get antidote.
If interested in these critters, suggest google "Snakes of Australia". AND be very scared...

Snakes are rarely found in city areas, although a neighbour found one some years ago and set off a panic in our street.

Spiders:
In my backyard I have Trapdoor and Redback. Very poisonous and dangerous to an old codger like me.

American tourists:
Has not happened for the last 5 years or so, But you do like fishing at the "top end" of Aussie land. It was regular news for a tourist to be taken by a croc. Which can be up to 30Ft. Oh, well that's breakfast, now for lunch. I hear it say...

Will try to find pic, but not sure where or if I have it anymore.

And, yes, my offer to show any member around town is still open.
Have fun;
ed davis