"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

― Artistic Expression ShowcaseSomething in the Field

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Something in the Field

Post by RBorud » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:17 pm

HiAll One lovely afternoon in june I was with two fellow photographer on a tour of Sherbourne Wildlife Refuge north of the TC. As a toss of the coin put me as the only one in the backseat. I was shooting as the car moved very slowly with with me shooting into the immediate roadside only about two or three feet from the side of the car in the narrow trail. This image and its subsequent work appeared, vindicating my losing the toss. Please enjoy, and thanks for looking. RBorud
Attachments
DSC_1627bcdfgh_pe.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:37 pm

RBorud wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:17 pm
HiAll One lovely afternoon in june I was with two fellow photographer on a tour of Sherbourne Wildlife Refuge north of the TC. As a toss of the coin put me as the only one in the backseat. I was shooting as the car moved very slowly with with me shooting into the immediate roadside only about two or three feet from the side of the car in the narrow trail. This image and its subsequent work appeared, vindicating my losing the toss. Please enjoy, and thanks for looking. RBorud
Nice red columbine full of tiny critters making their homes in it. This must be a very hospitable flower because the few times I've ever come across it, it's been a crowded hotel for critters.

But what charms me most and transports the image elsewhere are the seaweed-looking green wavy plantlets that are waving at us from the background. I have not tried placing flowers in front of such a background. I need to experiment...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:11 pm

RBorud wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:17 pm
You shot this from a moving car? I'm impressed! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"