“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” —Vince Lombardi

Forum software has been updated to latest version. Please report any issues you may encounter. - Thanks

― Artistic Expression ShowcaseNot exactly a texture, not really a composite - just a lot of fun

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Not exactly a texture, not really a composite - just a lot of fun

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:40 am

#1 is the result of putting my in-camera motion blurred daisies (#3) on top of my real, but heavily edited heron & hawk on barn roof (#2). I had no idea ahead of time this would happen :D

I stretched the daisy shot left/right a large amount, changed colors to blue/purple, then added as a new layer on top of the barn via hard light blend mode, did some adjustments to saturation of certain colors + a bit more stretching and a little cloning.

I hope it gives you a smile!
Attachments
486567-1_duplex_textured.jpg
486736-1_1279_duplex.jpg
486914-1_img_2842_fm_jpg.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Carol W
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Post by Carol W » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 am

Pretty amazing that your daisies could have that affect on the scene! I love the added sky color, too. It makes me think sunrise on a foggy morning.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Carol W wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 am
Pretty amazing that your daisies could have that affect on the scene! I love the added sky color, too. It makes me think sunrise on a foggy morning.
Thank you for commenting, Carol! Layers and texture-type activities are like opening Christmas presents :D
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:31 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:40 am
#1 is the result of putting my in-camera motion blurred daisies (#3) on top of my real, but heavily edited heron & hawk on barn roof (#2). I had no idea ahead of time this would happen :D

I stretched the daisy shot left/right a large amount, changed colors to blue/purple, then added as a new layer on top of the barn via hard light blend mode, did some adjustments to saturation of certain colors + a bit more stretching and a little cloning.

I hope it gives you a smile!
That's pretty awesome. I'd never have thought of such. What experimenting will do for you!!

My only complaint is I don't like losing the huddled-up hawk to the daisy-fog.

The original photo is wonderful just as it is, too.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:35 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:31 pm
That's pretty awesome. I'd never have thought of such. What experimenting will do for you!!

My only complaint is I don't like losing the huddled-up hawk to the daisy-fog.

The original photo is wonderful just as it is, too.
Thanks Minnie! All your fault for ever introducing me to textures :D The original shot was one of those "slam on the brakes" moments as it was the first time I'd seen a heron on a roof (have seen them a whole lotta other places, though), not to mention sharing it with a hawk.

Your comment re the missing hawk made me revisit. Originally I didn't like the way it was behind the white and I couldnt' figure out a solution, but this morning it came to me: just move the "texture" file 'til better situated! I did more cloning with this newest - want the right amount of wispy in front of barn, but a couple more tweaks needed to smooth out methinks:
Attachments
heron.jpg

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 pm

(Here he goes again with the) I LOVE 'EM ALL shtick but it's what I got and I'm shticking to it (see what I did there?). I seriously love the composite-y thingy, and I am fine without the hawk inasmuch as I perceive the scene to be essentially about peace and the hawk could represent a threat, disturbing the serenity. The heron looks like an explorer gazing far out to sea (I can see billowing rollers in the cloud now from the overlay). The barn acquires a ship-like aspect. Moving the overlay to reveal the hawk (to me) breaks the mood. If this were music it would be to relax by. :thumbup:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 pm
(Here he goes again with the) I LOVE 'EM ALL shtick but it's what I got and I'm shticking to it (see what I did there?). I seriously love the composite-y thingy, and I am fine without the hawk inasmuch as I perceive the scene to be essentially about peace and the hawk could represent a threat, disturbing the serenity. The heron looks like an explorer gazing far out to sea (I can see billowing rollers in the cloud now from the overlay). The barn acquires a ship-like aspect. Moving the overlay to reveal the hawk (to me) breaks the mood. If this were music it would be to relax by. :thumbup:
Holy moly, do I love your explorer gazing from ship idea, Chuck. Hawk be GONE :D Thanks so much!!