RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Surreal lily seies

Post by RBorud » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi All
Here is one image of a series I made for a book called THE SURREAL LILLY. I do love flowers and collect images of them nearly obscenely. I had an idea of making surreal constructions of them. There were many images, but here is one to give you all an idea of where I was going with this project.
RBorud
Attachments
20110725_183BBBBB.jpg

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:41 pm

WoWzer
Today is the Day, a New Day.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:41 pm

That's one that, if you decided to print it, I think would work really well on metal. It already looks metallic! Silver and gold, actually! (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Really sure catching. I agree with Chuck this would probably look great as a metallic print. It would really enhance those colors with all that black around it.

The illustrator in me would like to see some black lines introduced into the flower to define some of the shape, but that's just me.

I was looking at this on my tablet and when I changed the tablet's orientation I looked at an upside down version (flowers pointing up) which appealed to me even more. Take a look and see what you think.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 pm

They are indeed surreal. Glass would be my choice for printing such a thing were I to undertake it. I'm curious about your steps. This is something I'd be tempted to run through Google Deep Dream to see what creatures are living in there, because surely this is an enchanted forest.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:WoWzer

Ernst Thank you for your wonderful positive expletive! I may steal it. Thanks again RBorud

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:That's one that, if you decided to print it, I think would work really well on metal. It already looks metallic! Silver and gold, actually! (OK)

Charles Thanks for your advice, and you are very right, and I did just that for favored niece with a very avangard apartment. WHCC did it for me, I do like their metallic paper better than others I have worked with. We did it quite large and it did demanded its space and obedience from all who viewed, and I must admit I giggled a bit in pleasure. Thanks for looking. RBorud

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Duck wrote:Really sure catching. I agree with Chuck this would probably look great as a metallic print. It would really enhance those colors with all that black around it.

The illustrator in me would like to see some black lines introduced into the flower to define some of the shape, but that's just me.

I was looking at this on my tablet and when I changed the tablet's orientation I looked at an upside down version (flowers pointing up) which appealed to me even more. Take a look and see what you think.

Thanks Duck for your thoughts. The line bit is interesting, I will cogitate. Thanks RBorud

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:11 pm

minniev wrote:They are indeed surreal. Glass would be my choice for printing such a thing were I to undertake it. I'm curious about your steps. This is something I'd be tempted to run through Google Deep Dream to see what creatures are living in there, because surely this is an enchanted forest.

Thanks minniev for your (enchanting) observations. Please forward any creature observations, I do not like to miss things. Thanks RBorud

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:15 pm

RBorud wrote:...it did demand its space and obedience from all who viewed, and I must admit I giggled a bit in pleasure... RBorud
Your comment is delightful, RBorud! It adds such a satisfying personal element when viewing a work of art to be able to interact with the photographer/creator. Thank you so much for your artistry and your presence here on pM.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt