“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Member's ShowcaseAmerican Bald Eagle in Bronze

Show off your artistic or experimental side of photography.
- Abstract, collages, still life, digital or analog manipulations... Whatever doesn't fit in another category.
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

American Bald Eagle in Bronze

Postby Charles Haacker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 am

Found at Lake McConaughy, a reservoir on the North Platte River 9 miles north of Ogallala, Nebraska. Some folks, like Linda, will get out and track down wild birds in their habitat, but I was born in Noo Yawk Siteee and don' do no stuff like dat, least not on purpose. :D
Attachments
DSC08695.EMlr.jpg
Establishing
DSC08696.EMlr.jpg
Moving in
DSC08697.EMlr.jpg
Ready for her closeup (yes the gold and green has been punched up a bit with the vibrance slider).
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Re: American Bald Eagle in Bronze

Postby Matt Quinn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:02 am

An awesome and fearsome bird. Those talons are deadly; i like how you gave them prominence against the tail feathers. They really pop. Matt

Born in NYC, were you. Where?
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius

Postby Charles Haacker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:An awesome and fearsome bird. Those talons are deadly; i like how you gave them prominence against the tail feathers. They really pop. Matt

Thanks, Matt. I was born on Manhattan Island, upper Broadway, in Jewish Memorial Hospital which was closed in 1983 and demolished in 2014. I yam a way troooer Noo Yawka dan dat Current Occupant guy. He wuz bawn in Queens f'cryin' out loud. :p 8):
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby Matt Quinn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:58 am

Charles Haacker wrote:
Matt Quinn wrote:An awesome and fearsome bird. Those talons are deadly; i like how you gave them prominence against the tail feathers. They really pop. Matt

Thanks, Matt. I was born on Manhattan Island, upper Broadway, in Jewish Memorial Hospital which was closed in 1983 and demolished in 2014. I yam a way troooer Noo Yawka dan dat Current Occupant guy. He wuz bawn in Queens f'cryin' out loud. :p 8):

And I was born in Brooklyn in Jewish Memorial Hospital. Don't know its current status, though I doubt it still stands. I took our two sons on a memory lane tour last year. Here's a photo my younger son took as my older son tried to clear a way for the silver-haired gent trailing behind.
Brooklyn Bridge (1 of 1).jpg
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius

Postby Charles Haacker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:22 am

Matt Quinn wrote:And I was born in Brooklyn in Jewish Memorial Hospital. Don't know its current status, though I doubt it still stands. I took our two sons on a memory lane tour last year. Here's a photo my younger son took as my older son tried to clear a way for the silver-haired gent trailing behind.

Well waddya know?! Wotta small woyld huh, Doc? (I don't actually sound like that; I have a neutral accent. No one can tell where I am from. :| )

Your son made a great shot of the Brooklyn Bridge. I cannot recall when I was last there. I left NYC for the army in 1961 and when I separated in 1964 I went to California for 30 years. The Bronx was burning.

I looked up the Brooklyn Jewish Memorial Hospital and it does seem to still stand, although if I have the right one it is no longer a hospital and as of 2008 was being repurposed. I found a link for a picture on Flickr:
ImageFormer Brooklyn Jewish Hospital by Daniel Kelly, on Flickr

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby Matt Quinn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 am

Chuck, This is probably the place; the text mentions Prospect Place which was two blocks away from our street. But I don't remember it looking like this. Memory fades. Yes, Michael got a keeper in this photo. I was thinking of using it as my image on pM.
Matt Quinn

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 pm

I want one! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius

!

Postby Charles Haacker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 am

St3v3M wrote:I want one! S-

Ya wanna buy da Brooklyn Bridge? Whyn't ya say so?! We knows a guy... Oh, wait, ya means da eagle! :lol: :rofl: 8):

donolea
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby donolea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:17 am

Great pic of the monument.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius

Postby Charles Haacker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:15 pm

donolea wrote:Great pic of the monument.

Hi, and thanks Don! I remember you! Glad to see you here. Please post some of your boggling stuff! :)

Return to “Artistic Expressions”