― Artistic Expression Showcasethe pack

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: the pack

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:13 am

Duck wrote:Fantastic image. It has a certain classic, oil painting feel to it. Really great work on this one.

PietFrancke wrote:... just when I was ready to click, the giant mouse appeared camera left. Luckily, I had a fast enough shutter speed and the photo bomb was avoided!!

I would love to see reaction images of the aftermath chaos that must have ensued. As they say, "if there are no pictures, it didn't happen". :D

So, with all those dogs around, did the mouse survive his heart attack?

the mouse was fine, the cowering horde on the other hand all tried to get behind each other!

Xgender
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Xgender » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:28 am

Beautiful work. :-)
Miss Julian Grey
I am non-binary, transgender. Please refer to me as she/her/Ms.
www.xgender.net

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi Miss Julian. Thanks for your visit and kind words. I look forward to the day that I can do a better job. Those dogs are my pals and the girl is my daughter. Two of the dogs have since passed and I miss them sorely, two still live with us and the other two visit when we dog-sit them. The wolf spider was amazing, my son caught it in the basement - we slid paper under him and put a glass on top. I had a macro stack ready to go and just lifted the cup out of the way and remarkably it stayed still for 10 or 12 frames.

That group as a whole listens less than one well trained hummingbird!
respect,
Piet

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:12 pm

This is cool stuff. I gotta learn PS; seems to free the mind and imagination. Call of the wild; don't mess with that lady in the shade. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:This is cool stuff. I gotta learn PS; seems to free the mind and imagination. Call of the wild; don't mess with that lady in the shade. Matt

thanks Matt - about PS.. Absolutely worth learning/exploring. Every time you learn something, it makes you a touch more comfortable with it, but I warn you, it is an endless process. You will always see something that someone has done and you will want to know how to do it. That can drive a fellow insane!!

And equally difficult, or perhaps even more difficult is the artistic knowledge of how an image works. How color and tone works, how light works. Composition. If knowing PS is the How, then this other stuff is the What. I suspect that artists have a natural advantage over photographers - even in Photography!!

Anyway, just sharing that the journey truly is endless - and worthwhile (even if the journey is but staggering about in the dark like myself)

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:11 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Matt Quinn wrote:This is cool stuff. I gotta learn PS; seems to free the mind and imagination. Call of the wild; don't mess with that lady in the shade. Matt

thanks Matt - about PS.. Absolutely worth learning/exploring. Every time you learn something, it makes you a touch more comfortable with it, but I warn you, it is an endless process. You will always see something that someone has done and you will want to know how to do it. That can drive a fellow insane!!

And equally difficult, or perhaps even more difficult is the artistic knowledge of how an image works. How color and tone works, how light works. Composition. If knowing PS is the How, then this other stuff is the What. I suspect that artists have a natural advantage over photographers - even in Photography!!

Anyway, just sharing that the journey truly is endless - and worthwhile (even if the journey is but staggering about in the dark like myself)

Thanks for the encouragement. At this moment, PS looks like El Capitan to me, a haunting, taunting challenge. But worth the climb. Best. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Xgender
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by Xgender » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:32 pm

"Hi Miss Julian. Thanks for your visit and kind words. I look forward to the day that I can do a better job. Those dogs are my pals and the girl is my daughter. Two of the dogs have since passed and I miss them sorely, two still live with us and the other two visit when we dog-sit them. The wolf spider was amazing, my son caught it in the basement - we slid paper under him and put a glass on top. I had a macro stack ready to go and just lifted the cup out of the way and remarkably it stayed still for 10 or 12 frames.

That group as a whole listens less than one well trained hummingbird!
respect,
Piet"

Fair Warning: I don't think wanting to do a better job ever goes away.

Losing a dog is never easy. Glad you still have the others. I am a part time "aunt" to a few little dogs.

Macro is what got me interested in photography. :)

And *nothing* is better than a well trained hummingbird. :love:
Miss Julian Grey
I am non-binary, transgender. Please refer to me as she/her/Ms.
www.xgender.net

rmalarz
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Post by rmalarz » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Piet, this is a very wonderful and creative image.
--Bob
PietFrancke wrote:whiling away some time with old images and photoshop
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.