― Artistic Expression ShowcaseTwo critters made fanciful

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Two critters made fanciful

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:43 am

Suggestions and feedback welcomed! I'm sure that both could be expressed better by more competent artistic minds :|

1. Young mule deer. Nik Polaroid filter + many other edits.

2. American White Pelican with another image overlayed and masking done.
Attachments
1 P5200111 fm dng.jpg
1 P6280146 big crop fm jpg play.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:37 am

Linda, I really like much of what you have done with these images. The first especially I like very much the textures and colors.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 pm

PietFrancke wrote:Linda, I really like much of what you have done with these images. The first especially I like very much the textures and colors.

Thanks for taking a look, Piet!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:35 pm

I love them! Really! Wall art! I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I can't do stuff like this, not because I couldn't handle it technically, but because I just never think of it. I don't have that "competent artistic mind" so I wouldn't, couldn't critique these if I wanted to, which I don't. That deer with his tiny fuzzy proto-antlers grazing in the purple sage made me gasp aloud, no kiddin'. :thumbup: :clap:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:... That deer with his tiny fuzzy proto-antlers grazing in the purple sage made me gasp aloud, no kiddin'. :thumbup: :clap:
That is so delightful to hear, Chuck; thank you! Most of my fanciful stuff is pretty basic compared to the sophistication, technical and artistic brains of others, but not only do I get inspiration from the betters, I just have a lot of fun being me :D

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:03 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Suggestions and feedback welcomed! I'm sure that both could be expressed better by more competent artistic minds :|

1. Young mule deer. Nik Polaroid filter + many other edits.

2. American White Pelican with another image overlayed and masking done.

I like them both. The polaroid filter is an anomaly in NIk to me, and I ignored it a long time before it dawned on me that I could manipulate that edging and use the magic in other ways. Nice example of what it'll do.

And yes, I always love pelicans. Well integrated into what's probably a more mysterious backdrop.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:29 pm

minniev wrote:I like them both. The polaroid filter is an anomaly in NIk to me, and I ignored it a long time before it dawned on me that I could manipulate that edging and use the magic in other ways. Nice example of what it'll do.

And yes, I always love pelicans. Well integrated into what's probably a more mysterious backdrop.
Thanks so much, Minnie. Since posting the pelican someone suggested more dark and light contrast to indicate a stronger light source. Here is one edit below. I tend to not "keep going" with fanciful if I like what I have in front of me, whereas I know several folks who admit to never knowing when to stop, lol.
Attachments
1 P6280146 big crop fm jpg play.jpg

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 am

LindaShorey wrote:Suggestions and feedback welcomed! I'm sure that both could be expressed better by more competent artistic minds :|

I really like these, but the second one the best, I'd say it's the contrast of light and dark but you know I really love that water!

I'd like to see more images like these! Thank you for sharing these! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:12 pm

St3v3M wrote:I really like these, but the second one the best, I'd say it's the contrast of light and dark but you know I really love that water!

I'd like to see more images like these! Thank you for sharing these! S-

Thank you very kindly, Steve! I'm pretty sure there will be more not too far into the future :)