The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday. – unknown

― Artistic Expression Showcase'Flight of the Navigator'

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: 'Flight of the Navigator'

Post by davechinn » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:57 pm

St3v3M wrote:
davechinn wrote:A composite with wishes of a "Happy 4th of July, Independence Day"

A friend, (shipmate) every year sends out a reminder, "To be happy on the 4th, don't drink a fifth on the 3rd"

Dave

Wow, you even put your reflections on the balloons. It looks like you're having way too much fun! Keep it up! S-

Thank you Steve !!! I really appreciate your commenting on the reflection in the balloons. That tells me you actually looked very close to the details. Yes, I am having so much fun with this type of work. I am constantly thinking of various concepts. I find the more I do the more detail oriented I become. It upsets me so, when I have missed the obvious. I feel it's sorta therapeutical and keeps the mind from becoming stagnant. Thanks again !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Charles Haacker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:13 pm

I keep coming back to this, and the others, because aside from the obvious craftsmanship, they are hilarious! :rofl:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:52 pm

davechinn wrote:Thank you Steve !!! I really appreciate your commenting on the reflection in the balloons. That tells me you actually looked very close to the details. Yes, I am having so much fun with this type of work. I am constantly thinking of various concepts. I find the more I do the more detail oriented I become. It upsets me so, when I have missed the obvious. I feel it's sorta therapeutical and keeps the mind from becoming stagnant. Thanks again !!!
Dave

I envision a series of these hanging in a children's gallery and already see the joy on their faces! Or how about a children's book, how fun! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Xgender
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by Xgender » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Fun. :)

Thank you for sharing this.
Miss Julian Grey
I am non-binary, transgender. Please refer to me as she/her/Ms.
www.xgender.net

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:I keep coming back to this, and the others, because aside from the obvious craftsmanship, they are hilarious! :rofl:

Thank you Chuck !!! Sorry, it has taken me so long to reply as I have been away. These are fun to put together, as long as I get them close to being correct, such as light direction, shadows and contrast matching up for starters. Although, I always seem to miss something along the way of processing. I appreciate the comments and glad they put a smile to the face.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:26 pm

St3v3M wrote:
davechinn wrote:Thank you Steve !!! I really appreciate your commenting on the reflection in the balloons. That tells me you actually looked very close to the details. Yes, I am having so much fun with this type of work. I am constantly thinking of various concepts. I find the more I do the more detail oriented I become. It upsets me so, when I have missed the obvious. I feel it's sorta therapeutical and keeps the mind from becoming stagnant. Thanks again !!!
Dave

I envision a series of these hanging in a children's gallery and already see the joy on their faces! Or how about a children's book, how fun! S-

Thanks again Steve !!! A children's book sounds like a wonderful idea. Sorry for the delay on replying.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Xgender wrote:Fun. :)

Thank you for sharing this.

Your welcome !!! Glad you like the image and I apologize for the delay in responding. Welcome to photoMentoris, glad to see you here and hope to see some of your work. I'm gonna have to browse around here a little more often.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:51 am

davechinn wrote:... Sorry for the delay on replying.
Dave

No worries! I've been away for two weeks and it feels like forever, but it's good to be home! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"