Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Artistic Expression ShowcaseThe Teensy Weensy Dragon...

Non standard photographic editing; collages, manipulations, assemblages, applied textures, double exposures
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

The Teensy Weensy Dragon...

Post by Charles Haacker »

So I got bored with the Flamin' Flyin' Motortrike (but Piet knows how hard I tried) so I found this really tiny pewter dragon hot-glued to a hunk of petrified wood. No one actually knows where it came from except it was Erin's, a gift from somebody sometime somewhere in a galax...
IMG_20200504_142130-sharpen-sharpen-2-Edit.STD.jpg
👆 This is the critter, a rilly rilly bad cell phone picture without a scale, but trust me, the dragon measures 25mm (1 inch) overall. I'm not sure how magnified this is, but a lot?
DSC03264-Edit.STD.jpg
👆 This was the first iteration, a 9-shot focus stack to keep the critter as sharp as possible, but I concluded the plain gray background was, um, a plain gray background...
DSC03264-Edit-castle-2.STD.jpg
👆 So I finagled a castle for a background and said, yeah, okay, done and done! :yay:
DSC03264-Edit-castle-add mist-3.STD.jpg
👆 But then I heard Piet's voice in my head telling me, NOoooo, NOOOooo, :stop: it needs more!
So fog? Mist? :|
Friends call me Chuck. :photo:
This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)
There is no light like back light. No, really. :)

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie »

you might have opened a can of worms Chuck........Piet is known for his medieval scenes of soldiers, dragons and such

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by PietFrancke »

love the down from below look at it. Helps to make it look massive. -- ok, small, fun easy assignment for you ((I can't help it)… Find a bird image that has the head turned in a similar way - and then STEAL the eye, and give the dragon a bird's eye. The castle wall in fog really adds to the atmosphere, Loving the way it is angled.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev »

Oh, that is cool! Agree the shooting angle is a winner, and I love the mysterious background you've created. And what Piet says about the bird eye sounds interesting, so interesting I had to try something with it. It is nowhere near prime time though. This could be a whole new chapter on your adventures, Chuck! Tiny figures transformed into art objects... (Good time to play some with textures, too!)
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones