Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

General DiscussionsTo The photoMentoris Family - COVID-19 Update

Open Forum - This is the official "any-topic" portion of the site. Stop in, say "hello", comment on photo or non-photo related topics, vent your frustrations or just chill out. The choice is yours.
St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

To The photoMentoris Family - COVID-19 Update

Post by St3v3Murray »

As a people we are all affected by the impact of the COVID-19 virus one way or another, either personally or through someone we know, and it will change our lives forever, but it doesn't mean we have to give up, and it doesn't mean there's nothing we can do. Let's be honest, we make beautiful things and as artists, we're a nicety, an extra, but I say we're important, and I say we can do something to make the world a better place and give hope to those who need it most.

There are simple things we can do; write a letter to a friend you lost touch with, have a friend's night out with a face-to-face over the phone, print an image and mail it to someone in need, post an image on social media with a message of love. You're artists and have rich imaginations, wash your hands and practice social distancing so we can flatten the curve, but find a way, find that little something that brings a smile to someone's face, especially in this time of need.

We live apart from one another, connecting through this place and have all touched each other's lives in a way that says 'You're Important To Me.' We share our lives, our hobbies, our friendship, and our souls with one another, and it's beautiful but I call to you, to each and every one of you to do something this week, today if you can, with your talents, to make someone's day just a little bit better and share it with us, your friends here, that we may be made better for it too.

This is your space, your community, where we come to build ourselves, and our brothers and sisters up, to develop our skills and to share our victories and defeats. This is our place where we open our hearts and expose our souls to one another through our work to tell our stories, but it's time now that we share our stories with the rest of the world, especially in this great time of unknown. We may not know what tomorrow brings but we can make today a better place!

Please join us as we seek to touch the lives of others, as we look to make tomorrow a brighter day, and please continue to post everything and anything, your hopes, desires, concerns, worries, and hardships. We're a community and are here to support one another, it's what we mean when we say Welcome Home!

Thank you for your continued support and God Bless! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Steven G Webb
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Steven G Webb »

Thanks Steve, and all the best to you, yours, and all of Photo Mentoris
If you've never failed you've never tried.
Holly Ridge Photography
Facebook

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Beautifully said, Steve. It really is easy to get self involved in what's going on. The survival mode kicks in and so many other things end up taking less and less priority. While the threat of COVID-19 is real and affecting us in a very personal way the truth is that eventually this will pass. Maybe we just need to slow down a bit, take a true account of our situation and look around and remember others in our lives whom we may have taken for granted in the past because they have always been there, accessible to us.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Facebook : Unitas Photography
Instagram : @unitasphotography
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Thank you Steve, for saying what we all feel. As I have told others, my online friends on the other side of the world are now as close as my next door neighbors. I realize life will never be the same and I struggle with missing my family and being so anxious about them on a 24 hour basis. We can support each other - whether sharing art or resources or feelings. I turn to you folks and other online friends every day for something. Thank you for being there.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

Steven G Webb wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:23 pm
Thanks Steve, and all the best to you, yours, and all of Photo Mentoris
You're always with me wherever I go! Be safe and be well! S-

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

Duck wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:44 pm
Beautifully said, Steve. It really is easy to get self involved in what's going on. The survival mode kicks in and so many other things end up taking less and less priority. While the threat of COVID-19 is real and affecting us in a very personal way the truth is that eventually this will pass. Maybe we just need to slow down a bit, take a true account of our situation and look around and remember others in our lives whom we may have taken for granted in the past because they have always been there, accessible to us.
Panic drives fear and fear drives bad decisions. It's important to know what's happening but it's also important to know we can help!

Thank you for making this community so special! S-

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

minniev wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 pm
Thank you Steve, for saying what we all feel. As I have told others, my online friends on the other side of the world are now as close as my next door neighbors. I realize life will never be the same and I struggle with missing my family and being so anxious about them on a 24 hour basis. We can support each other - whether sharing art or resources or feelings. I turn to you folks and other online friends every day for something. Thank you for being there.
I've been telling people it's okay to be afraid, and it's also okay to ask for help. We're a community here, and we're all here for one another! S-

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Steven G Webb
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Steven G Webb »

Not long ago I was in a certification class for E-911 dispatchers (Economic climate forced me to go back to conventional employment). It can be a very stressful job. One point drilled home is this quote "Asking for help is not a sign of weakness". In that profession "help" refers to mental health since bravado is often exhibited. The quote can apply to any undertaking and any needed assistance. So, everyone remember, asking for help is not a sign of weakness.

Be safe, be healthy and wash those hands.
If you've never failed you've never tried.
Holly Ridge Photography
Facebook

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

Steven G Webb wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:44 pm
Not long ago I was in a certification class for E-911 dispatchers (Economic climate forced me to go back to conventional employment). It can be a very stressful job. One point drilled home is this quote "Asking for help is not a sign of weakness". In that profession "help" refers to mental health since bravado is often exhibited. The quote can apply to any undertaking and any needed assistance. So, everyone remember, asking for help is not a sign of weakness.

Be safe, be healthy and wash those hands.
Thank you for sharing this and for your service! S-