Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

General DiscussionsIntroduce yourself

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Good to meet you Rich...looking forward to seeing some of your images..make yourself at home

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by Duck » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Hey Rich, glad to see you in the forum. There's lots to learn and teach here. If you have any questions don't be shy. Reach out to me or anyone else here and we'll sort you out. As PSJunkie said, get posting and sharing and join the fray. :D
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:50 pm

rcf2 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Hello photographers. My name is Rich and I am avid photographer living in Norwalk, CT. I have been shooting for over 35 years as an amateur photographer/ semi professional. I also organize another meetup to help share knowledge and photographic skills. I shoot a lot of animals, dogs, cats and horses. We own 10 horses and I am the administrator of an animal hospital which give me lots of opportunity. I have been a Canon shooter for about 15 years and I also just built a pro Olympus kit for travel. I look forward to sharing and learning from everyone.

Have a great day

RCF2
Welcome Rich! Jump right in and share some of your animal images with us! I'm an Olympus shooter so I'll be especially interested in how you use your Oly kit.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Welcome Rich !!! Animal photos always have my interest, would love to see many of those that you have taken.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi guys. Some of you may remember me /s. :lol: It's Chuck Haacker, maybe I hope coming back for at least a little bit. It may take some time.

Minniev emailed me away back in Oct last year, telling me youse guys missed me. I really appreciate that! I don't wanna get too deep in the weeds of anxiety and depression, but some may recall that I lost Daphne, my joined-at-the-hip bride of more than 46 years to "complications of dementia" 2 days before Christmas, 2016.

I can spell devastated and use it in a sentence. For almost 3 years now I've been in the hole and still digging. There is such a thing as a soulmate. Who knew?

So I don't even know how long I've actually been gone, nor can I say positively that I am back, as in back-back, because SO many things have happened since (by the way, I know Matt died, and that's so beyond sad). For example, just a couple of weeks ago I was in the hospital for a heart cath that I thought (hoped) was "routine," where they placed 2 stents, did a balloon angioplasty, saw another place they wanna put a stent but are waiting for the existing contrast to clear out since it's toxic. I had one artery 98% occluded. :yay: CONGRATS, they crowed! You are alive! You were a walking, talking heart attack! Ya dodged yuge bullet, dude! Well, yeah, yay me. 8):

I won't get all detailed now (suffice to say that I had had unknown heart thingies for over 30 years, coupled with perfect cholesterol, low BP, passed every conceivable test 3 separate times, but never did a cath. I can't even recall any doctor ever suggesting it. But my latest doctor is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest woman: reminds me of the old clipper skipper who never gave an order; merely made suggestions, but when the Old Man made a suggestion everybody jumped. Gina Mentzer looked me in the eye and said, I think you should have a heart cath. So, ooooo-KAY.)

Since talking a coupl'a times with Minnie I've been peeking in. I am (somewhat shamefacedly) active on Quora (where they don't know me nearly as well so I get away with it), and this morning I wrote this answer: https://www.quora.com/What-are-your-top ... es-Haacker That reminded me I've ghosted you good folks for too long and I oughta at least stop in once in a while.

I'm going to step out of range of the tomatoes now. If I can and if you want I will try to get active again. We'll see. :cheers:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Good for you Chuck...we will see ya when we see ya

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:53 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi guys. Some of you may remember me /s. :lol: It's Chuck Haacker, maybe I hope coming back for at least a little bit. It may take some time.
[...]
I'm going to step out of range of the tomatoes now. If I can and if you want I will try to get active again. We'll see. :cheers:

No tomato throwing here, Chuck, just warm welcoming arms from your friends.
Most of us here have lost close and dear friends and family so we get it. Just don't do yourself emotional harm by wallowing in the dark places. It's not healthy, as you already know.
We would all love to see you back on a more regular basis, but we also understand the need for giving you the needed room. Please understand that you are indeed missed and will be warmly welcomed when you so choose to.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Minniev emailed me away back in Oct last year, telling me youse guys missed me. I really appreciate that! I don't wanna get too deep in the weeds of anxiety and depression, but some may recall that I lost Daphne, my joined-at-the-hip bride of more than 46 years to "complications of dementia" 2 days before Christmas, 2016.

I can spell devastated and use it in a sentence. For almost 3 years now I've been in the hole and still digging. There is such a thing as a soulmate. Who knew?

So I don't even know how long I've actually been gone, nor can I say positively that I am back, as in back-back, because SO many things have happened since (by the way, I know Matt died, and that's so beyond sad). For example, just a couple of weeks ago I was in the hospital for a heart cath that I thought (hoped) was "routine," where they placed 2 stents, did a balloon angioplasty, saw another place they wanna put a stent but are waiting for the existing contrast to clear out since it's toxic. I had one artery 98% occluded. :yay: CONGRATS, they crowed! You are alive! You were a walking, talking heart attack! Ya dodged yuge bullet, dude! Well, yeah, yay me. 8):

I won't get all detailed now (suffice to say that I had had unknown heart thingies for over 30 years, coupled with perfect cholesterol, low BP, passed every conceivable test 3 separate times, but never did a cath. I can't even recall any doctor ever suggesting it. But my latest doctor is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest woman: reminds me of the old clipper skipper who never gave an order; merely made suggestions, but when the Old Man made a suggestion everybody jumped. Gina Mentzer looked me in the eye and said, I think you should have a heart cath. So, ooooo-KAY.)

Since talking a coupl'a times with Minnie I've been peeking in. I am (somewhat shamefacedly) active on Quora (where they don't know me nearly as well so I get away with it), and this morning I wrote this answer: https://www.quora.com/What-are-your-top ... es-Haacker That reminded me I've ghosted you good folks for too long and I oughta at least stop in once in a while.

Welcome home, and hope you'll hang around, Chuck. You know we're a laid back bunch. Glad you got your ticker fixed; my husband had a similar blockage and the stents gave him a much better quality of life, he can just about do anything now that he did in younger days. He's had to have one additional stent since then but it worked well too.

Slap up a photo or two, share some of your inspiring wordsmithery, tell us what you think about what we're posting, and help us come up with new ideas! If you want, just hop in your vehicle and come to Maine the end of this month to join our Monhegan adventure, we would love to have you.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 pm

it's very good to see you Chuck - it makes me feel good to be around you (even if only in an online mode). Your writings and images have an impact.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Chuck, glad to hear/see you again. Missed seeing/reading your posts and pictures. I feel guilty for not reaching out to you in the past, but you know how it is. Things get in the way. Please stay in touch!!!
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey