Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

General DiscussionsJust a quick update and check in

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Just a quick update and check in

Post by Duck » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 am

The past month or so has been very busy for me. I have picked up some more work (always a good thing) and have finished moving my studio into a new space. I hate moving but it forced me to consolidate and get organized.

I have also been teaching a lot more lately as well as getting hired by an ad agency as a consultant and instructor to five of their in-house designers. Then there are the occasional assisting jobs that have been coming my way.

My local ASMP chapter is doing another annual review for 2018 which will be mailed out to ad agencies, art buyers and art directors. I have submitted five images (the max) and hope to at least get three of them into the annual. Hopefully that will increase visibility for me.

On the education level, I have been trying to get all my lectures, seminars and workshops organized into some type of order so I can sort through, update and start putting them into (hopefully) an online program of some type. I'm starting with my Intro to Digital Photography as it is one of the more popular ones among the many amateur photographers in my area, although this year I want to see if I can push some of the more advanced lectures and demonstrations. I also want to actively pursue presenting to more camera clubs in my area.

In that vein, I have been wanting to get into remote teaching through the use of video but am having trouble finding a workflow that works well for my needs. It's definitely on my "to do" list.

Anyhow, I have been really busy so apologize for not having been around as much as I'd like. I have been promoting the site as a teaching resource to the many people I have been presenting to so hopefully we'll see some new faces around here soon. If they do show up I know they'll get the warm welcome that is to be expected from the wonderful people here.

The Christmas holidays are around the corner. I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season and hope to be sharing more real soon.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:42 pm

We will welcome and support anyone you bring in! Glad you're doing well, and are busy/successful, we are proud of your victories. But we do want you back as soon as it's feasible for you. We miss your detailed feedback and your interesting submissions.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Busy is good Duck. Check out Udemy - I have been using it as a student, I suspect you could easily find a home there as an instructor. It might serve as a framework for you if you have the material - and I know you have no fear of hard work!

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Great to hear from you my friend. Glad that your busy. Keep us posted.
Today is the Day, a New Day.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks for the update and congratulations on your successful career change Duck...

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:38 am

Thank you all for the wonderful support. Just another example of why this place is so special.
Things are starting to level off so i hope to pop in more often and get back into the swing of things. Specially since the cold weather will keep me indoors more.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage