Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them. — A.A. Milne

General DiscussionsPM Retreat 2019 - Start Planning Now!

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

PM Retreat 2019 - Start Planning Now!

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Here we go again, this time for Oct 1 2019. Dave Chinn and I had a GREAT time shooting together in New Orleans, but it’ll be more fun to have more folks! Whether you go or not, Dave and I and our spouses wil be on Monhegan for Trap Day 2019! But we hope you’ll join us. Start thinking about this and we’ll begin to finalize plans after the first of the year.

Where: Monhegan Island, Maine

When: Sept 28-Oct 2, 2019 with flexibility for those who want to come or leave earlier or later

What We Plan To Do: Shoot together or individually, offer learning sessions in areas of our expertise, share photos and critiques daily, learn and share together!

What’s To Shoot? Gorgeous seascapes with rock beaches and cliffs, working lobster fleet, forests, flower gardens, classic New England architecture, an old shipwreck, dark night skies, a great old lighthouse, a major migratory bird flyway. And Oct. 1 is Trap Day, the first day of the lobster season.

What Else is There To Do? Meet the locals, help load the lobster boats, take in live music at night, go to a church service to bless the animals (a real treat since the animals attend), visit the excellent library and museum, hike the many trails, look for fairy houses, visit art galleries.

What’s Not There? Cars, paved roads, streetlights, cell service, TV, wild animals, medical services, restaurants, garbage service (you bring it in and take it out).

Where Do We Stay?We can go together to rent a house or two. Or you can rent your own cottage. There are also two small, old hotels with dining rooms. Most have internet availability.

What would we eat?We can load up on groceries and share cooking duties, eat at the hotels, buy sandwiches at the small grocery store.

How would we get there? Fly into Portland or Bangor, drive to Port Clyde, leave your car and take the ferry (1 hour) to the island. Or drive to Port Clyde and do the same.

Who Thought of This? Paula Van Every (minniev) and Dave Chinn. They and their spouses will be going with or without ya’ll! Respond here or PM us for more info. We need a clear plan nailed down around the first of the year. The island is small so we don’t want to miss out on lodging options.

A site about visiting Monhegan http://monheganwelcome.com

My portfolio site, which has a section of Monhegan photos https://pvanevery.myportfolio.com
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 pm

no sense in me going...couldn't come close to the great shots you've already captured..well done minniev

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 pm
no sense in me going...couldn't come close to the great shots you've already captured..well done minniev
Those shots are to make you wanta go so you can find your own! It's a photography paradise on a small island.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones