uuglypher
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Grateful thanks to fellow pM participants

Post by uuglypher » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Fellow pM participants;
I have just returned from Savannah, GA, having participated in BioComm2018, the 88th Intl. meeting of the BioCommunications Association (an 80 year-old umbrella organization of photographers and illustrators in the life sciences and medicine). Registrants and presenters came from Scotland, Canada, Wales, England, Hungary, as well as from throughout the United States.

I had been invited to present my work on 2D to 3D conversion of digital images and monocular depth cue stereography. It was very well received and I was delighted with the enthusiastic participation in the the associated workshop (which carried on for several more hours, counting the informal hallway and hotel room discussions and demonstrations (thanks to iPad !)

I would be seriously remiss we’re I not to affirm that my presentation and workshop were successful in no small part due to the images that a number of you have, at my request, specifically permitted me to use for educational purposes and as book illustrations. And, be assured that, as promised, your images were explicitly attributed to you as the photographer.

The exchange of concepts and novel ideas at the conference was stimulating, and I have returned with plans for at least three additional chapters to include in my book that is in preparation on the topic of monocular depth cue stereography.

It was, to say the least, an enjoyable and reaffirming experience to find myself among avid and able viewers of stereo image pairs who were eager and enthusiastic to learn of the basic principles of modifying the monocular depth cues of a 2D image to accomplish 2D-to-3D conversion with specifically directed perspective and depth recession.

Again, I am grateful for your encouragement and support of my efforts in developing my techniques of utilizing monocular depth cues in constructing 3D image pairs to be viewed by stereopsis.

With my sincere thanks and best regards,

Dave Graham

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:16 pm

You are welcome Dave and delighted to hear it went well for you.

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:10 pm

uuglypher wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:07 pm
Fellow pM participants;
I have just returned from Savannah, GA, having participated in BioComm2018, the 88th Intl. meeting of the BioCommunications Association (an 80 year-old umbrella organization of photographers and illustrators in the life sciences and medicine). Registrants and presenters came from Scotland, Canada, Wales, England, Hungary, as well as from throughout the United States.

I had been invited to present my work on 2D to 3D conversion of digital images and monocular depth cue stereography. It was very well received and I was delighted with the enthusiastic participation in the the associated workshop (which carried on for several more hours, counting the informal hallway and hotel room discussions and demonstrations (thanks to iPad !)

I would be seriously remiss we’re I not to affirm that my presentation and workshop were successful in no small part due to the images that a number of you have, at my request, specifically permitted me to use for educational purposes and as book illustrations. And, be assured that, as promised, your images were explicitly attributed to you as the photographer.

The exchange of concepts and novel ideas at the conference was stimulating, and I have returned with plans for at least three additional chapters to include in my book that is in preparation on the topic of monocular depth cue stereography.

It was, to say the least, an enjoyable and reaffirming experience to find myself among avid and able viewers of stereo image pairs who were eager and enthusiastic to learn of the basic principles of modifying the monocular depth cues of a 2D image to accomplish 2D-to-3D conversion with specifically directed perspective and depth recession.

Again, I am grateful for your encouragement and support of my efforts in developing my techniques of utilizing monocular depth cues in constructing 3D image pairs to be viewed by stereopsis.

With my sincere thanks and best regards,

Dave Graham

Congratulations Dave !!! It's exciting and enjoyable to know the success of your hard work, persistence and dedication. Best of luck in the future !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm

That is awesome news. Can't wait for the publication.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Glad it went well. I know you've worked very hard on developing this approach. It was fun to play a small role in it!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Duck wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm
That is awesome news. Can't wait for the publication.
Especially in the days we can self-publish! Hear Hear! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"