“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” —Vince Lombardi

Forum software has been updated to latest version. Please report any issues you may encounter. - Thanks

General DiscussionsWhat are your 2018 resolutions

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: What are your 2018 resolutions

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Duck wrote:...
The funny thing is, even when I try making smaller, more realistic resolutions it seems life interferes and those resolutions get shuffled lower in the deck of cards life hands you. Last year my resolution was to get my portfolio in ship shape in order to start marketing myself more aggressively. I completed the first part but found the second part much more difficult to accomplish. Emotions and the reality of making a living overshadowed many of my goals. In hindsight I know much of that was my own (un)doing. So my goal this year is to take a serious look at my situation, make a decision as to what to do with my established business and what to do with my growing business. The two, it seems, have a difficult time coexisting at the same time. One has to give.

Life is about choices, and choices are about priorities. Make your goals a priority instead of a choice and you'll win every time! S-
- And we're going to work on that portfolio this year so be ready!
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 pm

minniev wrote:Ambitious, but...

There's no but... you know you have our help in all of this! S-

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:I rarely make New Year's goals. My general ones are: eat less, exercise more, find fault in others less, applaud more, shower and shave every day, get regular haircuts, wear clean socks, pick up, make the breakfast, wash dishes, say thank you often, be polite to people who answer the phone when I call to complain because they only answer the phone, nod and smile at folks who make eye contact, pet dogs, avoid cats, pay bills on time, vote, go to church, thank the preacher afterwards, sing, dance with my wife, keep the car maintained, the lawn mowed, the shrubs low, tell the family often that I love them individually and together, don't overspend, do what the doctor orders. ... Matt

If I was a woman I'd marry you, LAF

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm

PietFrancke wrote:my goal... keep lists. ...
Also, it allows difficult ambiguous tasks to be broken down into smaller pieces. If the list is reviewed and progress on a given item isn't being made, then it is time to break it down into smaller steps.

Have you heard of Bullet Journaling? S-
- you don't need a fancy notebook

PietFrancke
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 pm

St3v3M wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:my goal... keep lists. ...
Also, it allows difficult ambiguous tasks to be broken down into smaller pieces. If the list is reviewed and progress on a given item isn't being made, then it is time to break it down into smaller steps.

Have you heard of Bullet Journaling? S-
- you don't need a fancy notebook

No I had not, the symbols look intriguing. Checking it out - Let no day pass without learning something new!

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 pm

PietFrancke wrote:No I had not, the symbols look intriguing. Checking it out - Let no day pass without learning something new!

Watch the video, but basically you have a page for the year, one for each month, and will make one for each day. You start with the year and move things to the months and days as needed. Day by day though you make your 'goals' and if they don't come to pass you move them to the next so you never lose track of them. S-

PietFrancke
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 pm

St3v3M wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:No I had not, the symbols look intriguing. Checking it out - Let no day pass without learning something new!

Watch the video, but basically you have a page for the year, one for each month, and will make one for each day. You start with the year and move things to the months and days as needed. Day by day though you make your 'goals' and if they don't come to pass you move them to the next so you never lose track of them. S-

you use this? I promise I will check it out, (it might be exactly what I am looking for) would have already checked it out, but am working on additional sense of place images..

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 pm

PietFrancke wrote:you use this? I promise I will check it out, (it might be exactly what I am looking for) would have already checked it out, but am working on additional sense of place images..

Make it a pre-2018 goal and check it off on New Years! S-

PietFrancke
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 am

St3v3M wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:you use this? I promise I will check it out, (it might be exactly what I am looking for) would have already checked it out, but am working on additional sense of place images..

Make it a pre-2018 goal and check it off on New Years! S-

LOL -- you dodged my question - do you use it?

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 am

PietFrancke wrote:LOL -- you dodged my question - do you use it?

Caught that did you? I started to but I'm not one to carry a notebook so it was kind of silly for me. I'm looking for an app I can use though! Too funny! S-