“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Idle ChitchatHi Everyone

General Lounge - This is the official "any-topic" portion of the site. Stop in, say "hello", comment on photo or non-photo related topics, vent your frustrations or just chill out. The choice is yours.
minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby minniev » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:50 pm

PietFrancke wrote:OMG, thank you guys for this wonderful welcome! Thank you for spotting that issue with the color space, the good news is that my computer crashed a month or so ago, so now I am running with defaults. Might get set up for sRGB instead of RGB, BUT I will henceforth stay away from PhotoPro color space.

ProPhoto is a good color space for doing PP work. But at the point of export, choose sRGB for those images you're wanting to post online. I use Lightroom and Photoshop and it's easy to export in sRGB from both of them.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

ErichBrunner
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby ErichBrunner » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:17 pm

PietFrancke wrote:I will make this about ME, since I don't know you guys yet. I know a handful of you guys, you know who you are! I promise most of me won't be about ME.

I am a hobbyist that is drawn in multiple directions. I am a slow learner, but with persistence I usually end up getting somewhere (perhaps not where I wanted to be). I circle, leave and return. I'm retired, but went back to work and take off many days. Life is good and I find it very easy to entertain myself.

My best success (something that I did that turned out well - satisfied me) was going on vacation with my best friend (my wife) and taking a picture of a juvenile eagle in Washington state. I took that image and made islands of vectors and took those vectors to a CNC machine and carved out pieces that were then glued back together. Round and round I go learning new things but always being very stupid about so much that I don't know.

I hope I live a long time, I have so much more playing that I wish to do! Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys and I will spend much quality time here learning more.

p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg

I've admired this work of art before in another place; but it amazes me every time I see it. I think it makes a wonderful avatar as well.
erich

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Duck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Seems like you've been warmly received here and I'll throw my "welcome" into the bunch.

Like the others I am impressed by the variation on a theme you have here between photographic image and intarsia art. Very creative and I'd love to see other examples.

We hope you enjoy the place and look forward to your postings.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Idle Chitchat”