This is a rounds based game. Game rules are adjustable but should be decided on before game starts. Game ends after a certain time period or after a certain number of rounds.
- Each round last between 10 to 20 minutes.
- Challenge cards are shuffled and fanned out face down.
- Each player draws one challenge card from the deck.
- A card can be traded with another player or with the deck only once per round per player.
- Each player must find and photograph what is on the challenge card within set time limit.
- At end of that time players reconvene to share notes and draw a new challenge card.
- If points are awarded use the point counters on card to keep a tally.
- If a card suggests a bonus point, and the player qualifies, add one point to score.
- Used cards do not get reshuffled until there are no more cards left to draw from.
- Once reshuffled, if a player draws the same card played earlier they get an automatic redraw.
- Repeat rounds until game ends.
- No Redraw; Once the initial cards are drawn no new cards can be pulled from the deck. A new round starts by all members passing their card to the next player. In the end all players have attempted the same challenges.
- Flash Round; Instead of the 10 to 20 minute round time each player has only 5 minutes to complete their challenge. Flash rounds can be done at any time.
- Relay Race; Players are split into equal numbered groups. First player draws one card and runs out to complete that challenge. Once captured, that player returns and 'tags' the next player who then draws the next card. The team that finishes first wins.
The above image is a screen capture of some of the cards in development. Images used are currently ripped from the internet and are being used as temporary placeholders. I will be replacing them with my own images, so bear that in mind. I'm sure these cards can also work by individuals to spur the imagination or break out of a rut. So far I have about 72 cards planned with a few more possible.
What are your thoughts? Any suggestions or ideas? What other photography based games have you played?