Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

General Discussionsbuilding a boat

Open Forum - This is the official "any-topic" portion of the site. Stop in, say "hello", comment on photo or non-photo related topics, vent your frustrations or just chill out. The choice is yours.
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: building a boat

Post by Psjunkie »

You are to be commended for both skillsets...well done I like your color choices and your lighting for the images is great..keep up the good work.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:46 pm
You are to be commended for both skillsets...well done I like your color choices and your lighting for the images is great..keep up the good work.
thank you Frank and Paula for your encouragement!!

uuglypher
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:25 am
minniev wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:48 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:33 pm
a small one..

so I have been wanting to do something with my hands (non-computer - physical world stuff) to relieve work related stress and to be something that can later fit in as a reference model for seascapes and such (google Andreas Achenbach for example).

So I looked around and found a model kit on Ebay for a pretty good deal at 90 bucks or so.

My goal is to mostly finish it during 2021 and I have been chipping away at it...
boat1.jpg
This is absolutely beautiful. What a treasure this will be! I'm glad your small friends are watching and helping, since they will have the pleasure of its adventures when it's built.

Share more as you go. It will be fun to watch you. The photos are as evocative as the boat itself. Good work. They tell a rich story.
thanks Paula, I wanted to share the fun. It isn't about photography or art yet, But it Will Be! Eventually..
IMO IT’s already about photography and arts/ and shall steadily.become more-so! Makes me recall an old fantasy of finding artifacts of a Norse settlement near the estuary of the Mullica into B-bay. What the hell; there are fables of the Norse in Minnesota and in Oklahoma... why not New Jersey. Keep you eye out for remnants of a lapstrake hull protruding from a cutback of the Mullica, Bass, or Wading Rivers!

Dave

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by PietFrancke »

uuglypher wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:05 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:25 am
minniev wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:48 pm

This is absolutely beautiful. What a treasure this will be! I'm glad your small friends are watching and helping, since they will have the pleasure of its adventures when it's built.

Share more as you go. It will be fun to watch you. The photos are as evocative as the boat itself. Good work. They tell a rich story.
thanks Paula, I wanted to share the fun. It isn't about photography or art yet, But it Will Be! Eventually..
IMO IT’s already about photography and arts/ and shall steadily.become more-so! Makes me recall an old fantasy of finding artifacts of a Norse settlement near the estuary of the Mullica into B-bay. What the hell; there are fables of the Norse in Minnesota and in Oklahoma... why not New Jersey. Keep you eye out for remnants of a lapstrake hull protruding from a cutback of the Mullica, Bass, or Wading Rivers!

Dave
thanks Dave - I know that there is an art to bending those boards!! And that is when they are even just 3/32 inch or about thick. I can't even begin to imagine how these things were Really built!? Yeah, bending, twisting, lapstraking and all of it..