Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

General DiscussionsBird Behavior

Open Forum - This is the official "any-topic" portion of the site. Stop in, say "hello", comment on photo or non-photo related topics, vent your frustrations or just chill out. The choice is yours.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Bird Behavior

Post by minniev »

A couple of weeks ago I saw a post on FB where someone was asking about the behavior of a bluebird that was admiring itself in her car mirror.

And today, when I got back to the car from a camera expedition, there was a cardinal on the mirror of mine. He alternately looked at himself, pecked the mirrored bird, tried to feed it a seed, then fought it. Then he did it all again. This went in a predictable sequence for about a half dozen rounds before I decided I had to go home and cook breakfast. I didn't want to post these in the photo sections because they're so awful (they're shot through both windows of the car, my side and his). But I documented it so I could ask if anyone has seen birds do this.
Attachments
screaming into the abyss (1 of 1)-2.jpg
screaming into the abyss (1 of 1)-3.jpg
bird (1 of 1)-2.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

holy cow - he found his evil twin doppelganger. Making friends is not easy, and making enemies is dangerous. Most run in terror!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Crazy...I don't know about birds and reflections other than there is some kind of attraction...once or sometimes twice a month we have birds fly into our windows or glass doors..

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

I’ve had birds splat into the windows too, both of cars and the house. But I never saw one pick a fight with their mirrored self.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones