It saddens me to forward the news that our good friend and fellow photographer, Matt Quinn, has passed.
As some of you may know, he had been battling cancer for a while and was on his way to recovery.
Please take a moment to remember him in your prayers.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

General DiscussionsPM Retreat 2019 - this one is going to happen!

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

PM Retreat 2019 - this one is going to happen!

Post by minniev » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:07 pm

Dave Chinn and I are going to Monhegan Island, Maine for Trap Day 2019 which is October 1. We will go a couple of days before and stay a couple of days after. A couple of folks from the Forum That Can't Be Named are going to meet us there. Dave's and my spouses are going too, though mine is going just for the adventure rather than for photography, and has even agreed to do some of the cooking. Singles or doubles are welcome.

There is EVERYTHING to photograph on this tiny island: lobster fishermen getting their boats ready, old New England architecture, wonderful gardens, a 75 year old shipwreck, rocky seascapes, massive numbers of migratory birds, ancient forests, a beautiful old lighthouse, the darkest night skies in the US.

Going to Monhegan means catching a ferry, and leaving your vehicle on shore. I usually fly into Bangor and add at least a day to see Acadia on one end or the other. But I have flown into Portland as well. The ferry leaves from Port Clyde which has a wonderful lighthouse of its own to shoot while you wait for the ferry.

We need to make plans this month, and get reservations. Let me or Dave know if you're interested. We mean to keep this as cheap as possible. I've been several times, so I can try to answer any questions you may have.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones