Flowers & Plants CritiqueClover and one Resident

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Clover and one Resident

Post by St3v3M » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:12 am

I've been having problems shooting poppies at midday and a particularly bright red flower I came across. They seem okay in camera, but once I process them it feels like circus animation and I can't seem to tone it down without losing it all. I'm not much for bringing a lot of stuff with me in the field, but I've been thinking about putting a grey card in my backpack or even using the back of my hand as a field preset I can check against in post. I'm not sure it will help, but figure it's worth a try.

And to your photo, I never knew what clover looked like so now I'm better for it. Thank you! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:13 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:12 am
I've been having problems shooting poppies at midday and a particularly bright red flower I came across. They seem okay in camera, but once I process them it feels like circus animation and I can't seem to tone it down without losing it all. I'm not much for bringing a lot of stuff with me in the field, but I've been thinking about putting a grey card in my backpack or even using the back of my hand as a field preset I can check against in post. I'm not sure it will help, but figure it's worth a try.

And to your photo, I never knew what clover looked like so now I'm better for it. Thank you! S-
Reds are hard. I always have to desaturate them and lower luminance. But then if you go too far they aren’t even red any more. I’m still figuring our the new version of LR and how it has treated old and new images so I can get a better handle on my reds and greens.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones