Duck wrote:This is a fantastic image with strong potential. As presented in its color form the image stands on its own but (for me) it is dancing on that fine line between "wow" and "huh?". What I mean by this is it can go either way, depending on how much work I am willing to invest in the viewing.
- It took me awhile to post this for the same reasons. I think it's one of those love it or hate it images, but in my definition That's Art.
Duck wrote:... Of course, people with vision problems will probably hate you for it.
- I physically laughed out loud!
Duck wrote:[heading]Critical analysis[/heading]
... Look at the image, compare it against your expectations ...
- The Almighty Expectations, but you're right and I love the analysis!
Duck wrote:[heading]Quick Analysis Tools[/heading]
For images requiring that extra attention in processing I typically default to two quick analytical tools; grayscale and luminance contrast. ...
- I hadn't thought to use Grayscale for this reason and never heard of using Luminance this way. I use the squint on a lot of my images, and I also teach the Turn Look technique where you make the image as large as possible then walk away from the monitor, three to six feet depending on how big the monitor is, then turn and look. The thing you see first is typically where you eye goes first, and in most images should be the subject, or at least support the subject.
- I learned a lot here and will definitely read the tutorial. Thank you for adding that!
Duck wrote:[heading]Solving the problem[/heading]
... Since the colors have been saturated we know there is room for manipulation. ...
- The colors are straight out of the camera, but I'm sure they can be desaturated.
Duck wrote:[heading]Subtlety is best[/heading]
- I agree
Duck wrote:[heading]The results[/heading]
... I hope this information gives you something worthwhile to ponder over. Of course, it's all subjective or, as I like to say, "just my two bits."
- Wow, that was fun, and I learned a lot!
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I'm indebted for all your help. I love this site! S-