"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." —Amelia Earhart

Critic's CornerHere comes the Sun .... Flower

Nature's beauty cannot be expressed more perfectly than in its flora.
- Flowers and plants in any state, from natural to arranged, outdoor or indoor.
davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Here comes the Sun .... Flower

Postby davechinn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:34 am

I'm not one to photograph flowers much anymore, but I could not resist the opportunity to pass this field of sunflowers. It was rather difficult to capture an overall view without people, because it was a popular place. I did manage to get some without people and also got the opportunity to capture a Great Dane and the owner.
Attachments
DEC_2966w.jpg
Sunflower field
DEC_2955 color w.jpg
Sunflower
Sunflower DEC_2962w.jpg
Sunflower
Last edited by davechinn on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Re: Here comes the Sun .... Flower

Postby davechinn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:37 am

I felt the need to post the Great Dane and owner here as well
Attachments
Summer DEC_2974w.jpg
Summer
Melanie & Summer DEC_2969 color w.jpg
Melanie & Summer

minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby minniev » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:21 pm

davechinn wrote:I'm not one to photograph flowers much anymore, but I could not resist the opportunity to pass this field of sunflowers. It was rather difficult to capture an overall view without people, because it was a popular place. I did manage to get some without people and also got the opportunity to capture a Great Dane and the owner.

How could anyone resist a big old field full of sunflowers? All are well captured. I like the one with that whole big field and the one of the lone dog with his tongue hanging out the best. That huge field seems to go on forever. And the dog portrait is so amazingly sharp and detailed, he could be sitting right beside me.

The one with the dog and his mistress seems to want a little different WB on the girl, though I'm not expert enough to diagnose it (probably mid-day sun effect).

Cool series, I"m jealous. I haven't found a sunflower field but once in my 9 years of being on the watch for them.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

rmalarz
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Social Media Opt-In: No

Postby rmalarz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Very nice series, Dave. I enjoyed the close-up photos just a bit more than the expansive fields. All are very nice, though.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Duck » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:01 pm

A little off topic but I found this humorous today when I checked the forum...
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 am

Duck wrote:A little off topic but I found this humorous today when I checked the forum...

Too Cool! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 am

davechinn wrote:I'm not one to photograph flowers much anymore, but I could not resist the opportunity to pass this field of sunflowers. It was rather difficult to capture an overall view without people, because it was a popular place. I did manage to get some without people and also got the opportunity to capture a Great Dane and the owner.

There something about the third I love the best. It's such an unexpected, but familiar composition that it just works!

Is something off with the color temperature though? It's late/early, and I'm sure my eyes are tired, but it all seems blue. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Postby davechinn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 pm

minniev wrote:

How could anyone resist a big old field full of sunflowers? All are well captured. I like the one with that whole big field and the one of the lone dog with his tongue hanging out the best. That huge field seems to go on forever. And the dog portrait is so amazingly sharp and detailed, he could be sitting right beside me.

The one with the dog and his mistress seems to want a little different WB on the girl, though I'm not expert enough to diagnose it (probably mid-day sun effect).

Cool series, I"m jealous. I haven't found a sunflower field but once in my 9 years of being on the watch for them.

Thanks Minnie !!! This field happens to be a rock throwing distance from where my parents use to live back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Someone posted a few photos on Facebook, so I had to explore. I thought it was kinda unusual for a Great Dane and owner to be strolling through a sunflower field, so I had to ask for a few shots. She was more than willing and by asking only helps me to build confidence for future opportunities. I sent her digital copies the next day. You are correct on the white balance of the one image. Thats just me experimenting, again.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Postby davechinn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:57 pm

rmalarz wrote:Very nice series, Dave. I enjoyed the close-up photos just a bit more than the expansive fields. All are very nice, though.
--Bob

Thanks Bob !!! The close-up photos are my favorites as well. I took and posted the one of the whole field only to show proportion size of the field.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Postby davechinn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Duck wrote:A little off topic but I found this humorous today when I checked the forum...

What a coincidence Duck !!! It is rather humorous. Thanks for commenting with the notice.
Dave

Return to “Flowers & Plants”