Page 1 of 1

Trillium

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:59 pm
by LindaShorey
I'm not sure why, but I want to keep the photo bomb flower on the left :) Your constructive feedback on all aspects will be much appreciated. (re shutter speed: no tripod, unsteady photographer)

Re: Trillium

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:26 pm
by Psjunkie
It is your prerogative to do as you wish Linda..since cropping is out of the question I would first suggest toning down whatever the white is lower stems…..then a possible touch of darkening of the browns. A very pleasant image Linda..

Re: Trillium

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:11 am
by LindaShorey
Psjunkie wrote:It is your prerogative to do as you wish Linda..since cropping is out of the question I would first suggest toning down whatever the white is lower stems…..then a possible touch of darkening of the browns. A very pleasant image Linda..

Thanks so much for your time and sharp eye, Frank!

Re: Trillium

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:04 am
by ErichBrunner
LindaShorey wrote:I'm not sure why, but I want to keep the photo bomb flower on the left :) Your constructive feedback on all aspects will be much appreciated. (re shutter speed: no tripod, unsteady photographer)

These are lovely. I really like the lighting. Brings me right to the subject and keeps me from being distracted by the background which is nice and dark; but also has some detail to it. A good solution.
Erich

Re: Trillium

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:01 am
by LindaShorey
ErichBrunner wrote:These are lovely. I really like the lighting. Brings me right to the subject and keeps me from being distracted by the background which is nice and dark; but also has some detail to it. A good solution.
Erich

Thanks for taking a look, Erich! The lighting somewhat flat, so I was inspired by works I've seen from most of you folks to go a bit more dramatic :)

Re: Trillium

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:08 am
by St3v3M
LindaShorey wrote:I'm not sure why, but I want to keep the photo bomb flower on the left :) Your constructive feedback on all aspects will be much appreciated. (re shutter speed: no tripod, unsteady photographer)

What do you think of a more cinematic crop? S-

Re: Trillium

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 am
by LindaShorey
St3v3M wrote:What do you think of a more cinematic crop? S-

If I hadn't seen, I would have rejected the idea, but now that I see it, I love it!

Re: Trillium

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:29 pm
by St3v3M
LindaShorey wrote:
St3v3M wrote:What do you think of a more cinematic crop? S-

If I hadn't seen, I would have rejected the idea, but now that I see it, I love it!

I'm so glad you like it and appreciate you sharing this with us! S-