The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday. – unknown

Flowers & Plants ShowcaseOnce and future...

Post Reply
User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Once and future...

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Found in the cherry tree. Matt
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-107.jpg
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-107.jpg (132.24 KiB) Viewed 65 times
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Nicely rendered....

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 am

Thank you Frank. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1200
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:44 am

lovely light and good spotting.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:13 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 pm
Found in the cherry tree. Matt

photoMentoris (1 of 1)-107.jpg
This is a good one. The color might not be quite as eye-grabbing as with the golden leaf, but the light is just as good, and the angle is so much better. You have a strong V shape for your compositional structure, with the brightly lit leaf nestled in the base. Well done.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:44 am
lovely light and good spotting.
Thanks Piet. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 am

minniev wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:13 am
Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 pm
Found in the cherry tree. Matt

photoMentoris (1 of 1)-107.jpg
This is a good one. The color might not be quite as eye-grabbing as with the golden leaf, but the light is just as good, and the angle is so much better. You have a strong V shape for your compositional structure, with the brightly lit leaf nestled in the base. Well done.
Thanks Minnie. I may go back and "prune" that distracting curled golden leaf; it needs it, I think. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest