"You Are The Difference!"

Flowers & Plants ShowcaseIf only I could bend down...

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

If only I could bend down...

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:37 pm

...I might have gotten the web in focus. I used sharpener raw and output but they don't make up for a lack of focus. This was shot holding the camera against my knee and hoping for the best. I doubt I will have a similar chance, but, if I do, I will get down on my knees and have an EMT standing nearby. Matt
Attachments
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-16.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 pm

That's terrific! And amazing! Looks sharp to me! The wonder is that the webs didn't just tear loose under the load, which is obviously very heavy. Goes to show just how strong spider silk is.

As to the getting down thing, I hear ya! I really do. I got down for the shot of the dancing nymph and it was all I could do to get back up. I've been trying to exercise a little, get into shape. :lol: :rofl:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:41 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:37 pm
...I might have gotten the web in focus. I used sharpener raw and output but they don't make up for a lack of focus. This was shot holding the camera against my knee and hoping for the best. I doubt I will have a similar chance, but, if I do, I will get down on my knees and have an EMT standing nearby. Matt
That's those same kinds of webs that have challenged me. They look interesting but are hard to get in focus. I really need to try focus stacking with one.

Do you have a little canvas campstool? That's been a godsend for me since I got crippled up in September. I used to fling myself on the ground and crawl around without giving it a thought, but that is not a reality for me now.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 pm
That's terrific! And amazing! Looks sharp to me! The wonder is that the webs didn't just tear loose under the load, which is obviously very heavy. Goes to show just how strong spider silk is.

As to the getting down thing, I hear ya! I really do. I got down for the shot of the dancing nymph and it was all I could do to get back up. I've been trying to exercise a little, get into shape. :lol: :rofl:
Thanks Chuck. I guess I wanted a shallower dof with the net clear front to back and the drops like globes of light or crystals. We are in the midst of several days of rain and I will look early tomorrow morning if it has stopped. I will move farther away and use auto focus to see what I get. And post if it's a keeper. I was using my tiny Sony Cybershot. I may try the Leica tomorrow.

Matt
Matt Quinn

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:41 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
That's those same kinds of webs that have challenged me. They look interesting but are hard to get in focus. I really need to try focus stacking with one.

Do you have a little canvas campstool? That's been a godsend for me since I got crippled up in September. I used to fling myself on the ground and crawl around without giving it a thought, but that is not a reality for me now.
Neat idea on the canvas stool. Thanks. If the rain stops, I will try again tomorrow if the net is still there. I may try with my Leica instead of the Sony Cybershot. I am trying to have the Leica become second nature for me. I love the feel of the camera in my hands. But the focus and exposure are a real challenge. Practice, practice, practice. Matt
Matt Quinn

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
That's a pretty amazing shot with the house in the background. Reminds me of Charlotte's Web! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:57 am

Thanks Steve. I keep looking each morning for a repeat of that show, but it was a once in a lifetime shot I missed. Sigh! Matt
Matt Quinn

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:00 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:57 am
Thanks Steve. I keep looking each morning for a repeat of that show, but it was a once in a lifetime shot I missed. Sigh! Matt
Sometimes the best shot is the one you see with your eyes! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:45 pm

Yes, Steve. I have a few of those. Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn