"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

Flowers & Plants ShowcaseMini-mum

Post Reply
User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Mini-mum

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 am

I posted a b&w of this photo in my Project 52: A Year in B&W. Here's it is before I worked it in Silver Effex Pro. Matt
Attachments
pM Exports--4.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3912
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 am
I posted a b&w of this photo in my Project 52: A Year in B&W. Here's it is before I worked it in Silver Effex Pro. Matt
Though the colors are startling and consequently arresting, the black and white version is my favorite, due to your excellent conversion and use of tones.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:02 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:09 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 am
I posted a b&w of this photo in my Project 52: A Year in B&W. Here's it is before I worked it in Silver Effex Pro. Matt
Though the colors are startling and consequently arresting, the black and white version is my favorite, due to your excellent conversion and use of tones.
Thank you, Minnie. You encourage me. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Minnie, I promised you some dogwood from our Cape house. Here they are from a few years ago. Matt
pM Exports--5.jpg
Attachments
pM Exports-2234.jpg
pM Exports-0105.jpg
pM Exports-1004302.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 am

Love the field of flower images!

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 am
Love the field of flower images!
Thanks Piet
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:01 pm

I love all of these without reservation! (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:01 pm
I love all of these without reservation! (OK)
Thanks Chuck. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:55 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 pm
Minnie, I promised you some dogwood from our Cape house. Here they are from a few years ago. MattpM Exports--5.jpg
I love Dogwoods and really love the forth! Thank you for adding these! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:11 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:55 am
Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 pm
Minnie, I promised you some dogwood from our Cape house. Here they are from a few years ago. MattpM Exports--5.jpg
I love Dogwoods and really love the forth! Thank you for adding these! S-
You're welcome. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest