Flowers & Plants ShowcaseAutumn Moods

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Autumn Moods

Post by LindaShorey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:10 pm

1. Dew-covered spider silk draping bulrush plants, mist rising from a little pond.

2. Aspen (I think) on a sunny morning.

3. Teasel with full moon setting behind. Shot at dawn, facing west. Clouds had pink color, but I've enhanced the image a bit :) The moon disappeared totally immediately after this shot. I chose the tall aspect to make the sky a major part of the composition and to hopefully give the feeling of the plants reaching skyward.

Thanks for viewing!
Attachments
1 PA240031.jpg
1 PA240031.jpg (655.19 KiB) Viewed 758 times
1 PA200002.jpg
1 PA200002.jpg (807.01 KiB) Viewed 758 times
1 P1040041 reduce noise.jpg
1 P1040041 reduce noise.jpg (484.05 KiB) Viewed 758 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:31 pm

All three of those are just lovely. Simply lovely. Deceptively simple. Repeating elements. Few colors. Rich textures. Each provides a subtle center. The one darker bullrush. The bird. The disappearing moon. Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thanks:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by Duck » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:35 pm

That first image with the spider webs make the other two images look ho hum, sorry to say. That is one very impressive image. Well done.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:All three of those are just lovely. Simply lovely. Deceptively simple. Repeating elements. Few colors. Rich textures. Each provides a subtle center. The one darker bullrush. The bird. The disappearing moon. Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thanks:

Thank you so much, Chuck. I'm very happy you enjoyed. I was out again this morning in golden light. We've had a lot of perfect autumn weather that I'm so grateful for: 30's at night, low to mid 60's by mid-afternoon, abundant sunshine.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Duck wrote:That first image with the spider webs make the other two images look ho hum, sorry to say. That is one very impressive image. Well done.

Thank you, Duck! I greatly enjoy seeking weather and/or the light conditions that set the mood. No worries on the "ho hum." I long ago learned that we all have different interests :)

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:30 am

Wonderful images Linda. Can't believe the weather we are having here on the Olympic Peninsula, today lower 60's and lots of sun.
Today is the Day, a New Day.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:Wonderful images Linda. Can't believe the weather we are having here on the Olympic Peninsula, today lower 60's and lots of sun.

Thank you, Ernst! I'm so appreciative of your interest. I see a bit of snow in the forecast around the 7th and 8th on my side of the mountains, so a perfect autumn is coming to a close, it seems. Very glad to hear you've enjoyed gorgeous weather too!

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:22 pm

The first two are more appealing to me Linda. Although, that first one is the winner for sure !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:52 pm

davechinn wrote:The first two are more appealing to me Linda. Although, that first one is the winner for sure !!!
Dave

Thank you Dave! #1's location is the local (relatively small) arboretum, and it has been pretty good to me in spring and fall, including providing the water strider bugs :D

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Three nice early fall images to whet our appetites for what you'll be showing us over the next month or so!

Like others, the first one just captivates me, with all those cross-knit webs, and the depth they create, along with the atmospheric effects. I wonder how the third would look processed to match the first and used as a set. They seem well suited to be looked at together.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones