"Details matter, it's worth waiting to get it right." —Steve Jobs

Flowers & Plants ShowcaseLeaf on the water - exploring editing with Chromebook apps

Images of plants and flowers; trees, bushes, leaves, fungi, lichen, fruits & vegetables
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Leaf on the water - exploring editing with Chromebook apps

Postby LindaShorey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 pm

St3v3M wrote:Have you tried Snapseed? It's an amazing photo editing app and my go to for cell phone photos!

As for the photo, I love it, but wonder if you have thought to crop in more giving the leaf a better chance to steal the show? S-

Thanks for the note, Steve! It appears that on a Chromebook, Snapseed works in conjuction with Google Photos. I'll research further but not sure I care about uploading my photos to another site just to have available to edit. Polarr and Befunky both have many choices for regular editing, as well as creative. With Polarr I can use a radial mask to make selective edits, but it's not nearly as precise or easy as with PS Elements.

Regarding cell phone apps, I discovered that my Chromecast device will display a slideshow of images on my tv, but not my OWN images unless I access via a smartphone - lol. However, my newest Chromebook is on a list that will "eventually" be compatible with Android apps..or I can jump through a lot of hoops and access via a "beta" channel. That sounds scary!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Leaf on the water - exploring editing with Chromebook apps

Postby St3v3M » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:39 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Thanks for the note, Steve! It appears that on a Chromebook, Snapseed works in conjuction with Google Photos. I'll research further but not sure I care about uploading my photos to another site just to have available to edit. Polarr and Befunky both have many choices for regular editing, as well as creative. With Polarr I can use a radial mask to make selective edits, but it's not nearly as precise or easy as with PS Elements.

Regarding cell phone apps, I discovered that my Chromecast device will display a slideshow of images on my tv, but not my OWN images unless I access via a smartphone - lol. However, my newest Chromebook is on a list that will "eventually" be compatible with Android apps..or I can jump through a lot of hoops and access via a "beta" channel. That sounds scary!

I don't have a Chromebook, but a quick look made it seem like Snapseed would work. It's a go to for most people. Polarr is a good one too though!

For me, it's fun to see you experiment, so whatever you find will always be welcome! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Flowers & Plants Showcase”