"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Flowers & Plants ShowcaseA Single Blossom

Images of plants and flowers; trees, bushes, leaves, fungi, lichen, fruits & vegetables
User avatar
rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Reputation: 24
Location: Arizona
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

A Single Blossom

Postby rmalarz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:45 am

among the leaves.
--Bob
Attachments
500C-2006111202-003.jpg
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

User avatar
uuglypher
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:57 pm
Reputation: 20
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby uuglypher » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 am

'Til I found the blossom, there was no impact. When I did, there was.
Dave

User avatar
rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Reputation: 24
Location: Arizona
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby rmalarz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 am

Hi, Dave. Yup, it's a bit stealthy, but there.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Reputation: 95
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby Charles Haacker » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Made me smile when I found it. Pretty clever! I honestly wouldn't have thought of doing it at all, so kudos! (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Reputation: 24
Location: Arizona
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby rmalarz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Charles, thanks for looking and commenting. The one blossom was quite noticeable as I walked past the hedge in which it was growing. I wanted to process it so it wasn't blatantly observable.
--Bob
Charles Haacker wrote:Made me smile when I found it. Pretty clever! I honestly wouldn't have thought of doing it at all, so kudos! (OK)
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1908
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Reputation: 152
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby Duck » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:39 pm

rmalarz wrote:Charles, thanks for looking and commenting. The one blossom was quite noticeable as I walked past the hedge in which it was growing. I wanted to process it so it wasn't blatantly observable.
--Bob


That thinking goes a counter to how I would have approached this. My thought would be to crop in a little (not too much) more and increase the contrast between flower and background in order for the viewer to locate the focal point easier.

What motivated you to take the more subtle path?
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Reputation: 24
Location: Arizona
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby rmalarz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Q. What motivated you to take the more subtle path?[/

A. Duck, sometimes, I just don't feel like hitting people between the eyes with a club. There is that "oh wow" feeling when one's eyes find the small treat nestled in the leaves.
--Bob

Duck wrote:
rmalarz wrote:Charles, thanks for looking and commenting. The one blossom was quite noticeable as I walked past the hedge in which it was growing. I wanted to process it so it wasn't blatantly observable.
--Bob


That thinking goes a counter to how I would have approached this. My thought would be to crop in a little (not too much) more and increase the contrast between flower and background in order for the viewer to locate the focal point easier.

What motivated you to take the more subtle path?
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Reputation: 124
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby minniev » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:57 pm

rmalarz wrote:among the leaves.
--Bob



Finding a hidden treasure is always fun, and this is no different. I jumped in the lower left corner as I usually do, so I had to travel a bit to find it. It isn't a wonderful, beautiful, stupendous kind of flower, but a subtle one that can hide in plain site, especially in monochrome. Along the journey we get to rustle through a lot of nicely textured and tones leaves, so it's a pleasant venture. Thanks!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Reputation: 24
Location: Arizona
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby rmalarz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks for looking and taking time to comment. I'm glad you liked it.
--Bob
minniev wrote:
rmalarz wrote:among the leaves.
--Bob



Finding a hidden treasure is always fun, and this is no different. I jumped in the lower left corner as I usually do, so I had to travel a bit to find it. It isn't a wonderful, beautiful, stupendous kind of flower, but a subtle one that can hide in plain site, especially in monochrome. Along the journey we get to rustle through a lot of nicely textured and tones leaves, so it's a pleasant venture. Thanks!
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: A Single Blossom

Postby St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:08 am

Duck wrote:That thinking goes a counter to how I would have approached this. My thought would be to crop in a little (not too much) more and increase the contrast between flower and background in order for the viewer to locate the focal point easier.

What motivated you to take the more subtle path?

I was wondering the same. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"


Return to “Flowers & Plants Showcase”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests