"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." —Amelia Earhart

Member's ShowcaseFlowering Tree with Sunburst

Nature's beauty cannot be expressed more perfectly than in its flora.
- Flowers and plants in any state, from natural to arranged, outdoor or indoor.
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Flowering Tree with Sunburst

Postby Charles Haacker » Tue May 02, 2017 3:21 pm

ImageChateau la Fleur by Charles Haacker, on Flickr

Made this almost a month ago on the grounds of my new abode in Lincoln, NE. I have no clue what the tree is (crabapple maybe?) but these things don't last more than a few days. I wandered underneath with the back light (There Is No Light Like Back Light :) ) and saw the sunlight filtering through. It's cropped to a 16x9 so it makes pretty good wallpaper.

Sony DSC-RX10
24-200mm F2.8
ƒ/5.6 51.8 mm 1/160 ISO 200 hand held
Processed in Lightroom only
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Flowering Tree with Sunburst

Postby Didereaux » Tue May 02, 2017 4:14 pm

reminds me of the Prairie Fire Crabapple. Nice shot.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby LindaShorey » Tue May 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Beautiful colors, Chuck. I adore backlighting as well; it's addictive :) I love that you filled the frame and that the perspective allows us to feel we're underneath this stunning canopy of blossoms.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Tue May 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Didereaux wrote:reminds me of the Prairie Fire Crabapple. Nice shot.

I think you nailed it, Didereaux, and many thanks. I looked it up and I think it is a Prairie Fire. I have to 'fess up that I, um, somewhat enhanced the saturation so that strong purply pink is a little more than it really was. The poetic license thing. But the blossoms are 5-petals, red, with the little golden rays of the pistil, and Nebraska is pretty much the hub of the prairie, sooooo... :|
LindaShorey wrote:Beautiful colors, Chuck. I adore backlighting as well; it's addictive :) I love that you filled the frame and that the perspective allows us to feel we're underneath this stunning canopy of blossoms.

Thank you so much, Linda. :goon:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Didereaux » Tue May 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Didereaux wrote:reminds me of the Prairie Fire Crabapple. Nice shot.

I think you nailed it, Didereaux, and many thanks. I looked it up and I think it is a Prairie Fire. I have to 'fess up that I, um, somewhat enhanced the saturation so that strong purply pink is a little more than it really was. The poetic license thing. But the blossoms are 5-petals, red, with the little golden rays of the pistil, and Nebraska is pretty much the hub of the prairie, sooooo... :|

Figured as much on the color! ;) What the hell, they aren't charging for artistic licenses yet ...so we are good to go. ')
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed May 10, 2017 2:29 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Made this almost a month ago on the grounds of my new abode in Lincoln, NE. I have no clue what the tree is (crabapple maybe?) but these things don't last more than a few days. I wandered underneath with the back light (There Is No Light Like Back Light :) ) and saw the sunlight filtering through. It's cropped to a 16x9 so it makes pretty good wallpaper.

This is an image I shouldn't like for it's overwhelming color, but like you said There Is No Light Like Back Light and as Linda said it's addictive :)

Thank you for posting this here and for taking poetic license in all you do! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Flowers & Plants”