Open ChallengesRusty stuff

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Rusty stuff

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:52 am

Not sure what the purpose of the green wires is but there were several on this machine. Can't believe they were holding it together. Matt
Attachments
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-116.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:58 am

good shot Matt - maybe to hold the parts in place - to aim them if you will...

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:58 am
Thanks Piet. The wires looked awfully thin and crumpled to be effective, but I guess what works works. Matt
Matt Quinn

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:58 am
Thanks Piet. The wires looked awfully thin and crumpled to be effective, but I guess what works works. Matt
you are probably right - can't believe a thin strand like that would be effective...

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:19 am

Rusty stuff: '66 Chevy Chevelle

The story:

Dave Tubman lives on Tubman Road with his chocolate lab, Duke, on land originally bought and farmed by his grandfather. The original parcel was very large and was divided between two sons who then divided their parcels into two parcels for their sons. Dave doesn't farm but is a carpenter and works with scarp metal. Some time ago, a friend in the next town noticed a Chevy Chevelle parked in a driveway that hadn't been moved for several years. With the passing years and extreme weather, the car gradually deteriorated; Dave's friend, aware of his interest in scrap metal, knocked on the front door. When an elderly lady answered, he inquired about the car. She said it was her son's but he went off to war and never returned. She kept it as a memorial as well as a symbol of hope but was now willing to sell it.

Dave bought it about five years ago, removed the engine, windows and some of the interior, created the driver. He strung red and green Christmas tree lights along the frame and white lights around the headlight sockets; he lights them during the Christmas season. He promised to send me a photo of the "installation" in the snow with the lights on.
Attachments
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-2.jpg
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-10.jpg
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-11.jpg
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-12.jpg
Matt Quinn

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:44 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:19 am

The story:

Dave Tubman lives on Tubman Road with his chocolate lab, Duke, on land originally bought and farmed by his grandfather. The original parcel was very large and was divided between two sons who then divided their parcels into two parcels for their sons. Dave doesn't farm but is a carpenter and works with scarp metal. Some time ago, a friend in the next town noticed a Chevy Chevelle parked in a driveway that hadn't been moved for several years. With the passing years and extreme weather, the car gradually deteriorated; Dave's friend, aware of his interest in scrap metal, knocked on the front door. When an elderly lady answered, he inquired about the car. She said it was her son's but he went off to war and never returned. She kept it as a memorial as well as a symbol of hope but was now willing to sell it.

Dave bought it about five years ago, removed the engine, windows and some of the interior, created the driver. He strung red and green Christmas tree lights along the frame and white lights around the headlight sockets; he lights them during the Christmas season. He promised to send me a photo of the "installation" in the snow with the lights on.
Oh I like that last one, but the story even more! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:19 am

The story:

Some very nice shots here and a great story to boot. But like Steve says, that last shot is a major winner. Though it is great just as it is, you should try all kinds of processing just because it’s so cool and it’ll be so much fun!!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks Steve, Minnie. I did try a number of views in Topaz, some of which were pretty bizzaro, but thought they departed too much from reality. But that's the reason for experimenting, I guess. So, I will go back and post anything worthy of others' viewing. Matt
Matt Quinn

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:25 pm

The door handle for Mag’s house
Attachments
21BFE00F-A236-438C-B1C8-E9885FF4B398.jpeg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:32 am

Minnie, The wood looks too yellow for me, but the may be its real tone. I am used to the grays here on the Cape from all the salt air. Like the composition; it confirms some that I have taken and gives me support. Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn