"Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." —Madam C.J. Walker

Flowers & Plants ShowcaseThree flowers.

Post Reply
User avatar
Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 pm
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Three flowers.

Post by Mike D » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

This one required a little help from Photoshop Express although I’m still a little bugged by the fact that I couldn’t make a certain little annoyance disappear.

I liked it well enough to post though. :) I hope you like it.

6B10C74E-BCA0-467E-ACB4-CCF4701510EC.jpeg

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:00 am

Mike D wrote:This one required a little help from Photoshop Express although I’m still a little bugged by the fact that I couldn’t make a certain little annoyance disappear.

I liked it well enough to post though. :) I hope you like it.

6B10C74E-BCA0-467E-ACB4-CCF4701510EC.jpeg


The little annoyance isn't really a bother, but more of a mystery.

Great fall colors in this one. Love the orange ones with all that detail.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 pm
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Mike D » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:28 am

minniev wrote:
Mike D wrote:This one required a little help from Photoshop Express although I’m still a little bugged by the fact that I couldn’t make a certain little annoyance disappear.

I liked it well enough to post though. :) I hope you like it.

6B10C74E-BCA0-467E-ACB4-CCF4701510EC.jpeg


The little annoyance isn't really a bother, but more of a mystery.

Great fall colors in this one. Love the orange ones with all that detail.


Thank you Minnie, the offenders where I work plant all kinds of things on the grounds to make it look like anything other than what it is. Supplied by a very prolific horticulture program and an enormous commercial grade greenhouse. It's kind of hard to hide 20 foot fencing laced with razor wire but any, I'm getting derailed.

I brought these three home to my wife and put them in a black shot glass that that says, "Over the hill" which was a birthday present for my 50th. I tried hiding it by adjusting the black slider but you can only do so much with express. I'm glad you liked it, they stay very nice looking for almost two weeks.

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4051
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Happy 50th and thank you for sharing these! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 pm
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Mike D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:54 am

St3v3M wrote:Happy 50th and thank you for sharing these! S-


I wish I were 50 again, my knees were in much better shape ten years ago but thanks anyway and I appreciate the fact that you like my humble offerings.

The fun part really is taking something that is fairly ordinary and turning it into something special. Considering the fact that the backdrop for this shot was a Samsung glass top stove, I think it turned out quite well.

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4051
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Mike D wrote:... The fun part really is taking something that is fairly ordinary and turning it into something special. ...

Ain't that the truth! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 pm
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Mike D » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:37 am

:D

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests