"Details matter, it's worth waiting to get it right." —Steve Jobs

Places ShowcaseThe Front Gate

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: The Front Gate

Postby St3v3M » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Mike D wrote:I firmly believe that to be true and had to explain to my friend that one needed to have the tongue firmly planted in the cheek to read the CPP thing.

I've wanted a new camera for years but have decided to keep what I have until I can prove I need more than what it offers.

I need to improve, not my camera! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Mike D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mike D wrote:I firmly believe that to be true and had to explain to my friend that one needed to have the tongue firmly planted in the cheek to read the CPP thing.

I've wanted a new camera for years but have decided to keep what I have until I can prove I need more than what it offers.

I need to improve, not my camera! S-

We have eerily similar thought process Steve and I'm not convinced that I 'need' bigger, better, OR faster just to fill up ye old hard drive faster. I'm doing a decent job of finding out how small 2 terrabytes is already. :)

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Mike D wrote:We have eerily similar thought process Steve and I'm not convinced that I 'need' bigger, better, OR faster just to fill up ye old hard drive faster. I'm doing a decent job of finding out how small 2 terrabytes is already. :)

I keep looking but I'm not there yet, someday soon! S-

Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Postby Mike D » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:34 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mike D wrote:We have eerily similar thought process Steve and I'm not convinced that I 'need' bigger, better, OR faster just to fill up ye old hard drive faster. I'm doing a decent job of finding out how small 2 terrabytes is already. :)

I keep looking but I'm not there yet, someday soon! S-

My problem is that I save almost everything that isn't horribly out of focus or a complete waste of space. Some day when I don't have a full time job plus 11 kids to deal with, plus our home-based sock business, I might have time to cull out the unfixable and spend some time learning Photoshop and Lightroom. By that time, the stash may very well be closer t 4 tb. Only time will tell. :)

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:53 am

Mike D wrote:My problem is that I save almost everything that isn't horribly out of focus or a complete waste of space. Some day when I don't have a full time job plus 11 kids to deal with, plus our home-based sock business, I might have time to cull out the unfixable and spend some time learning Photoshop and Lightroom. By that time, the stash may very well be closer t 4 tb. Only time will tell. :)

I've wondered recently what will happen to all my images when the light comes, but that's something for another post. S-

Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Postby Mike D » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mike D wrote:My problem is that I save almost everything that isn't horribly out of focus or a complete waste of space. Some day when I don't have a full time job plus 11 kids to deal with, plus our home-based sock business, I might have time to cull out the unfixable and spend some time learning Photoshop and Lightroom. By that time, the stash may very well be closer t 4 tb. Only time will tell. :)

I've wondered recently what will happen to all my images when the light comes, but that's something for another post. S-

Hopefully it's not like wondering if the light in the fridge actually goes off when you close the door. (OK)

Return to “Places Showcase”