Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Animals CritiqueSimple Blue

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Simple Blue

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:43 pm
minniev wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:57 pm
That’s interesting and subtle. i wonder if emphasizing the water line rather than the horizon, if that might work? The water line is more easily determined because the reflection explains in. What do you think?
yep - I hear you - but for the most part, the water line is going to be about the same as the horizon line (and then you can go above that and make it hilly or something I guess).. for me it is hard to take the reflection and see it on it's proper plane - it's just something that I have always had a hard time doing/understanding.
I tried adding a vague line both places and didn't like either. There is not a trace of it in the original to follow, because of the fog. I might could borrow something from another image to work with instead of trying to create it. This is puzzling to work with. The horizon is MUCH higher than the water line because I was shooting down a hill, from my truck window. I knew as soon as I opened that door even slightly, he would take off, and he did. Of course. They will tolerate me as long as I'm in the vehicle but not on foot. That's one reason I like the dam, they pay no attention to humans because they have learned humans do not ever come where they are.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

I must say I like Piet's horizon and of course had a thought after seeing it..wasn't exactly what I had in mind and got sidetracked.
Attachments
min_psjunkie.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:09 pm
I must say I like Piet's horizon and of course had a thought after seeing it..wasn't exactly what I had in mind and got sidetracked.
My goodness! That is an ultra creative solution! I love it. Glad to see you experimenting, you know I love seeing what other folks can do with my pictures.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

anything to help you get your brain moving...thank you

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:12 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:43 pm
minniev wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:57 pm
That’s interesting and subtle. i wonder if emphasizing the water line rather than the horizon, if that might work? The water line is more easily determined because the reflection explains in. What do you think?
yep - I hear you - but for the most part, the water line is going to be about the same as the horizon line (and then you can go above that and make it hilly or something I guess).. for me it is hard to take the reflection and see it on it's proper plane - it's just something that I have always had a hard time doing/understanding.
I tried adding a vague line both places and didn't like either. There is not a trace of it in the original to follow, because of the fog. I might could borrow something from another image to work with instead of trying to create it. This is puzzling to work with. The horizon is MUCH higher than the water line because I was shooting down a hill, from my truck window. I knew as soon as I opened that door even slightly, he would take off, and he did. Of course. They will tolerate me as long as I'm in the vehicle but not on foot. That's one reason I like the dam, they pay no attention to humans because they have learned humans do not ever come where they are.
yeah, the ones in my neighborhood are as skittish as all get out - they will bark at me and fly away, make me wonder if I'm wearing my Halloween costume or something.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:09 pm
LOL, sometimes you ripple me up. That bird doesn't know what to stab now! Is very cool Frank.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

I think the fish is the one confused.....haha.thanks

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:18 am
I think the fish is the one confused.....haha.thanks
Tell us what you did, Frank. It's cool!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

Made a selection to a new layer then some Ps filters.....transformed and blended to taste...

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:33 am
some kind of repair.....amazing image
Wait a minute, I thought the original was a wall-hanger, but this, oh my this! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"