Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Animals CritiqueShore Birds

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Shore Birds

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Sun May 05, 2019 6:48 pm

I don't photograph birds very much but sure enjoyed watching these guys during our visit to Ocean Shores last weekend.
Attachments
IMG_0066 20X Framed.jpg
IMG_0066 20X Framed.jpg (154.26 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Today is the Day, a New Day.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Mon May 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:48 pm
I don't photograph birds very much but sure enjoyed watching these guys during our visit to Ocean Shores last weekend.
The pattern of the birds and their reflections going about their daily activities in their community is pretty wonderful. This is a street photo of our winged brothers and sisters.

I might be tempted to straighten the surf lines if I could do it without damaging the pattern, but not if it made the pattern fail to work. I struggle with that under the dam where no surface is flat except the stairs, all others are slanted to accommodate water flow, but not photographic compositional lines.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones