Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

Animals CritiqueAloha

Alohaitsdee
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Aloha

Post by Alohaitsdee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 pm

My first post here :oops: !
So i'm gonna start with some pics of my best man Aloha!
Attachments
_MG_8761.jpg
_MG_1658.jpg

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Aloha, he is beautiful.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 pm

Alohaitsdee wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Dee, welcome to photoMENTORIS. I'm happy to see you took up my offer to join. Thank you. You'll find we have a small, but dedicated, group of photographers ranging in every level of experience. It will take you a bit to get into full swing so if you have any questions please don't be shy and ask.

To help you out, there are some useful articles and videos in the Quick Links menu above. They should get you familiar with the way the forum software works. As for the critique section, we encourage you to post a single image and ask at least one question when you post in the Critique section. This way other members will have a clue about what problem you may be trying to overcome and they'll be less inclined to give you blanket answers that may not be of any value to you.

That said, I hope you get a lot from your participation here and I look forward to seeing you around these halls.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, much to learn here if you are interested....a handsome fellow. I like both images and since you posted in critique I'll say for me the white left of Aloha's nose is a touch distracting..all in all nice shots....

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:55 pm

Alohaitsdee wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 pm
Welcome, delighted to have you here. As Duck has said, we are a small village of dedicated photographers who practice/enjoy just about every kind of photographic art in every conceivable way. Hope you'll hang around, it's a great place to learn and share, and to help each other. Jump in, share more, look at various threads and offer up your own opinions. No one is right or wrong here.

Love that portrait of your handsome horse. I'm sure he serves you well as a model. I love photographing horses, though I haven't ridden one since I was a kid. They are beautiful animals. I think you caught him in a great 3/4 pose showing off his blaze perfectly. I like that your image contains some of the background for context, even the ladder. It shows him basically relaxing at home.

I'm less certain how to respond to the the eye image, and without the first one, I would not have known for sure he was a horse. I would probably like it better in full color, or if something was monochrome, maybe you? I'd like to see more of your portrait "in there"! It is a cool concept and one I've tried with variable results with animals. The most challenging was a hedgehog...

Again, a big welcome!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones