Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: three recent shots

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm

pop511 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm
Colour calibration/spaces and printing modes. Will it ever be solved in the 21st century?
We've all been there.
Kind regards;
Ed, it sure seems harder than it should be!!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 am

a start-over on a similar shot
s5.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 am

Quite the stunning image......I would only suggest darkening the bright area left of subject while adding brightness to the subject......in acceptable doses of course

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 am
Quite the stunning image......I would only suggest darkening the bright area left of subject while adding brightness to the subject......in acceptable doses of course
thanks Frank, I did some of that - it is good to know that I was I the right direction, but more of that could be called for!

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:33 am
that I have been struggling with, that I want to like, but don't. And have been have a hard time with color space too...
I swear prophotoRGB messes me up every time, I think I will just stick to sRGB and keep life simple.

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg

Piet, I don't know much about prophotoRGB, if anything at all. If it ain't broke don't fix it, is my theory and sRGB one can't go wrong?

I find that in the past, there have been many photos I have taken and wonder "why did I take that"? I'll file them away for a later date and maybe a year later will stumble across one such image only to wonder where it has been and why didn't I process it sooner. Having said that, I do understand your dilemma, so maybe come back to these images at a later date and possibly you'll have a different opinion?

There is something about the first image that has my attention, but can't figure it out. Maybe an image I would choose for a composite? Not sure, I'll have to study and think on it more.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

rmalarz
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by rmalarz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Piet, I really like the first one. There is certainly a tranquil mood established with this scene.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:49 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:33 am
that I have been struggling with, that I want to like, but don't. And have been have a hard time with color space too...
I swear prophotoRGB messes me up every time, I think I will just stick to sRGB and keep life simple.

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg

Piet, I don't know much about prophotoRGB, if anything at all. If it ain't broke don't fix it, is my theory and sRGB one can't go wrong?

I find that in the past, there have been many photos I have taken and wonder "why did I take that"? I'll file them away for a later date and maybe a year later will stumble across one such image only to wonder where it has been and why didn't I process it sooner. Having said that, I do understand your dilemma, so maybe come back to these images at a later date and possibly you'll have a different opinion?

There is something about the first image that has my attention, but can't figure it out. Maybe an image I would choose for a composite? Not sure, I'll have to study and think on it more.
Dave
thanks Dave, I agree about sometimes letting things percolate. The second image I want to like because it is such an odd chick, a varient of blackbird perhaps but not the red winged one. The third image I like better now with textures and better color, but that first image I still Want to like, but am not there yet. I think it has two main elements, the dragon flies and the marsh grasses - but things work better in threes! LOL, I am still thinking much on it too.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm

rmalarz wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:01 pm
Piet, I really like the first one. There is certainly a tranquil mood established with this scene.
--Bob
thank you for visit and confirming comment Bob. It escapes me right now how to improve that one and it bothers me as I think there is potential there. But you raise a good point in my mind and that is defining the thing about it that attracts us to the image and perhaps bumping that up a notch. I think perhaps a third element of some type would help, but perhaps more important is further enhancing the mood of it. Maybe with fog in the distance or something that adds greater depth to it - That image will get more work from me, that's for sure!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 am

played some more and attempted what you suggested to emphasize the subject more - Thanks for drawing me deeper into it.
s52.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:38 am

Super job, a great improvement in my opinion.......