Animals CritiqueBuilding A Yellow House

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Building A Yellow House

Post by minniev » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

You can only see a small part of the architect but it’s all about her...Tell me if her being hidden ruins it, and tell me anything else you see fit to share.
Attachments
835157CC-3570-4F91-86D7-C639D61AB86D.jpeg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm

for me..not enough of her from normal viewing distance and could just be my monitor or eyes but the whole image seems a touch dark or maybe a bit underexposed......maybe brighten, saturate, or some other adjustment, the subject a bit to try and distinguish it from the rest of the image.....I dunnno

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm
for me..not enough of her from normal viewing distance and could just be my monitor or eyes but the whole image seems a touch dark or maybe a bit underexposed......maybe brighten, saturate, or some other adjustment, the subject a bit to try and distinguish it from the rest of the image.....I dunnno
Thanks, Frank. I’m running into the too-dark problem with my ipad workflow, I think because the ipad screen is so beautiful and bright it makes things look brighter than they are otherwise. I may start trying to overbrighten a little and see how they do. The exposures look OK in camera but once I start editing on the tablet, I end up toning them down to hold detail. Then they get too dark. I’ll gotta keep experimenting.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm
Thanks, Frank. I’m running into the too-dark problem with my ipad workflow, I think because the ipad screen is so beautiful and bright it makes things look brighter than they are otherwise. I may start trying to overbrighten a little and see how they do. The exposures look OK in camera but once I start editing on the tablet, I end up toning them down to hold detail. Then they get too dark. I’ll gotta keep experimenting.
Open an image on your Desktop and the same on your iPad then adjust the iPad to match the Desktop! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:44 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm
Open an image on your Desktop and the same on your iPad then adjust the iPad to match the Desktop! S-
Good idea, why didn’t I think of that? :)