Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: little meanie face

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:28 pm
DEMON HUMMINGBIRDS! RUN! RUNNNN!!! Okay, nuff'a that. I liked the first one fine, and do not find it at all overworked as to my eye it looks very much like a painting rather than a photograph, and that's why I think it works wonderfully. It could be an Audubon color plate. I find the various reworks to be less engaging because the iridescent green (especially) has been muted. I don't think it should be. Maybe it's not totally accurate but I prefer it to any of the others.
thanks Chuck, I appreciate your thoughts. One of the hardest problems for me is that after I stare at something long enough, I get used to it. And then I stop trusting myself and tend to want to tone it down. Granted it boils down to being subjective, but still, like a frog in ever heating water, this type of blindness drives me crazy.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:15 am

As an artist I really love that last version. It has an illustrative feel to it and can picture it illustrating a children's book. Maybe entitled "Meanie Weenie"
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Duck wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:15 am
As an artist I really love that last version. It has an illustrative feel to it and can picture it illustrating a children's book. Maybe entitled "Meanie Weenie"
thank you Duck, that makes my day.. I'd go with "Eenie Weenie Meanie" though!! Unless of course we do an Adult book - LOL

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:13 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm
thank you Duck, that makes my day.. I'd go with "Eenie Weenie Meanie" though!! Unless of course we do an Adult book - LOL
Laughed so hard I nearly choked.
Thanks for that. :rofl:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:32 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:05 pm
our hummingbird feeder is close to the regular feeder. When the regulars show up, little meanie face dive bombs them and then returns to her perch and waits for her next victim. Only the fearless nuthatch can remain brave in her presence.

The background was not so good, and the focus ended up on the breast instead of on the eye, but I liked the texture of the feathers and the canvas like texture that replaced the background - but I think the image is over-worked. That's what I think, what do You think?
I don't know much about textures, but I know what I like and it's the first, definitely the first! S-

- Your story reminds of two birds that used to torment us in the Philippines. We used to have to walk between two light poles to get to work and these two birds would dive bomb you, pecking at you if they could and grabbing your hat when they couldn't. We eventually found another way around them and their treachery. Silly birds! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:20 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:32 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:05 pm
our hummingbird feeder is close to the regular feeder. When the regulars show up, little meanie face dive bombs them and then returns to her perch and waits for her next victim. Only the fearless nuthatch can remain brave in her presence.

The background was not so good, and the focus ended up on the breast instead of on the eye, but I liked the texture of the feathers and the canvas like texture that replaced the background - but I think the image is over-worked. That's what I think, what do You think?
I don't know much about textures, but I know what I like and it's the first, definitely the first! S-

- Your story reminds of two birds that used to torment us in the Philippines. We used to have to walk between two light poles to get to work and these two birds would dive bomb you, pecking at you if they could and grabbing your hat when they couldn't. We eventually found another way around them and their treachery. Silly birds! S-
Holy Cow! I saw Hitchcock's movie - frigging flying dinosaurs with little beady eyes.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:21 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:20 am

Holy Cow! I saw Hitchcock's movie - frigging flying dinosaurs with little beady eyes.
[/quote]
I never thought of that...good thing I still have my skull! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"